Deep Africa - Village of Damba
Far from everything, no communication, no water, no electricity, no school, villagers live like centuries ago. Nothing from civilization but perhaps some clothes, has reached them.
Women prepare the daily meal
Deep Africa - Chief of Damba
When you enter a village and want to visit it, you must always go and meet the chief first.
It is the tradition. You ask him if you can visit the village or the noticable places around. He will always say yes.
Those people are very poor, so you can give him some banknotes for the village.
Deep Africa - The magic baobab of Domba
The village of Damba is situated on the small road between Koumantou and Fana / Segou.
They have one of the biggest trees of the country. It is a baobab that is very particular: the center of the tree is empty and probably 30 people can sit inside.
They organise some half muslim, half animist ceremonies inside, which often end by a sacrifice.
Explore the World
- Caticlan Hotels
- Sungai Kolok Hotels
- Kipahulu Hotels
- Rangoon Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path