Nouakchott Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Nouakchott

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

Custom officers at airport

by Alpha_Ghana Written Apr 15, 2005

When I first went into the airport, I was in the plane from Bamako and almost the only European. There are many custom officers, probably as many as travellers in the plane.
    The first one caught me and asked my passport. He wrote the immigration card for me.
    After the immigration, you have search rooms. In fact they are only there to hide the custom guy to give you his commission.

Unique Suggestions: I told the officer that I had no money and went out. He followed me but I only had hard currencies to change at the Forex.
    I told him that I was flying back to Bamako in the evening.
    When I came back in the evening, he was there, he even remembered my name. He made registered me at the desk and stamped my passport. I had previously put a banknote of 1000 UM inside.

Fun Alternatives: This is Africa, police arrest you for tips, not because you do something wrong.
    This is the game, give small, smile and be friendly. At the end, you have some advantages.

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Bad smell

by johnsakura Written Jan 31, 2004

nouakchott mauritania

There are some parts near the city that really smell bad. Its not just a bad smell that you can get used to...

Unique Suggestions: Take a scarf...go waya quickly. the garbage is usualy originated by local dumpsters.

Instant Answers: Nouakchott

Comments

Nouakchott Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Nouakchott tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nouakchott sightseeing.