Grand Baie Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Grand Baie

• sheherezad's Profile Photo

Weather check!

by sheherezad Written Jun 3, 2012

Favorite thing: General weather forecast for June was 24-28C when I booked my Club Med Air-resort package but forecast day before my departure was more like 22C for the whole week! And rain and strong winds and rough seas for the first 3 days!

I discovered the effect of the new moon which, I was advised, generates strong winds! So no glass bottom boat the first two days or catamaran ride to the Northern islands for the first three days because the strong winds generate rough seas, especially beyond the reef!

And I caught a chill from deciding not to bring my pashmina to dinner on Monday night, which was so cool, dinner was moved from the beach restaurant to the main restaurant!
    So, it turned out that the weather was too windy and a little rainy the first three days but I was under the weather the next three days!

But it didn't stop me from taking the boat ride to the Club Med at Albion and seeing Port Louis enroute or jumping into the glass bottom boat, again, on my last day, which was a typical gorgeous Mauritian day!

Conclusion: Be prepared for changes in weather forecast and check out the lunar cycle before you book your vacation. Plus the existence of anticyclones!

Fondest memory: Loved the village and the good bargain I got at the bazaar for a hand-woven coconut fibre wall hanging of a Mauritian landscape.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo

Public phones

by nora_south_africa Updated Mar 17, 2007

Favorite thing: There are many public phones in Grand Baie, some even work with Mastercard and they also have phones that do international calls at cheaper rates, look out for them.

Instant Answers: Grand Baie

Comments

Grand Baie Favorites

Reviews and photos of Grand Baie favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grand Baie sightseeing.