Agadir Restaurants

sunset up the street
    mixed seafood grill

Most Recent Restaurants in Agadir

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

La Milanese Pizzeria: Excellent place for seafood- BETTER THAN THE PORT!

by angiebabe Updated Aug 7, 2013

A place busy with locals is always a good giveaway to a place being good!

Weve returned here a number of times now and it has been reliably good each time - so this is one of those places that make a must-do whenever in town.
    Many times busy with families and bigger groups - with busy waiters running here and there the waiting time has still been reasonable and the service good.

Looking at what everyone else has ordered one can see that the Salad Morocain entre along with a plate of Mixed Seafood for a bargain of 35 dirham! seems to be the popular choice - and ours.

Have been here a number of times with 3 of us eating and as the serves are very generous often 2 plates will be plenty for 3.
    Most times the calamari is divine!...and the crevettes would probably be the best Ive had in Morocco to this day! The fish has always tasted fresh fish of that days catch.
    Often we have taken leftovers with us like a lunchbox thing - which is an okay thing to do.

Ordering the Salade Morocain the tomatoes forever seem to taste better in Morocco than anywhere - the thickly sliced frenchstick bread accompaniment the usual smell and taste as fresh as and as delicious as. Pizzas are also great here and order any mixture you like really.

My companions had eaten there before which is why we went there the first time - we all wanted seafood - as thats what you do when you are in Agadir with all that delicious fish around!
    For a number of years for seafood the thing to do was to head for the fishmarkets, shop number 26, down near the port.
    But since discovering this place with the major increase in quality seafood at similar prices and without all the hustle of the many fish stalls at the port trying to get you to their stall (though that experience is interesting too and all adds to seeing local life while in Agadir) this place is so far definitely the place of first choice.

...we have also since tried the Quai de Poissons next door...its more expensive and I didnt like the calamari at all...

Favorite Dish: Said enough already!...The Mixed Plate with amazingly fresh and light calamari and big crevettes that were really juicy and tasty (not like the little ones at the port fishmarket and also at Safi's port fishmarkets - like getting rid of the chuckouts on us customers and sell the rest for better prices!)....nice bread...good Salad Marocain (thats tomatoes and cucumbers chopped quite finely with a bit of olive oil and maybe a bit of vinegar)

El Petit Quai: Seafood next door to the Milanese

by angiebabe Updated Aug 7, 2013

mixed seafood grill

We tried this restaurant when usually we go to the Milanese next door - the menu we could see was a bit more expensive but we thought not by much so ordered.
    The mixed seafood grill that is 55 dirham at the Milanese was 60 dirham at El Petit Quai - when it arrived it looked just as good - BUT the calamari which is my favourite was horrible!

the fish was really lovely and the sardines were better than usual. The crevettes/prawns were okay - I ate them all anyway.

I was told the calamari would taste as it did as it must have been frozen - but I think it was either the cuts of calamari or it tasted like it had been cooked in bitter horrid oil.

The restaurant got a pizza ordered from the next door pizza restaurant for the one of us three who usually orders only pizza (allergic to prawns).

For the 3 of us with drinks, bread and olives the total cost was 180 dirham. we pretty much all said though we wouldnt go back there again - we will stick to the Milanese!!

Favorite Dish: Fresh fish

• Beaches

• Serenity_DK's Profile Photo

La Tour De Paris: fab restaurant

by Serenity_DK Written Jul 30, 2010

Lovely little restaurant that shouldnt be missed, the staff where fabulous and the food was amazing, even the wine wasnt bad and thats always a bonus in Agadir lol

Favorite Dish: Try the chiken pastilla, spaghetti cabonara, there lamb tagine is to die for and not forgetting the asparagus soup wow this is fab

Dont believe the guide books this is not an expensive restaurant

• Serenity_DK's Profile Photo

Daffys: Dont miss this

by Serenity_DK Written Jul 30, 2010

You just have to go to Daffy's restaurant, Look for the Sud Bahia hotel and its at the back of the hotel, the food is amazing and cheap as chips, the owner is fabulous and nothing is too much trouble for him, i cant reccommend this place highly enough we ate here a few times on our trip, my advice - try his meatball tagine and harira soup they are outstanding, or try his shrimp pil pil starter you wont regret it ..

Head for the hotel sud bahia which is ten mins walk uphill, walk along the beach front and you will come across the panoramique eatery and a car park, walk through the car park head up through the little staired gardens until you come across a busy main road, cross over this and keep heading uphill after 5 minutes you will see the sud bahia to your right the daffys restaurant is behind the sud bahia after crossing the road

Favorite Dish: Has to be the meatball tagine its amazing!!!!!!

Number 26 at the Fishmarket

by angiebabe Written Dec 9, 2008

same lady serving, same shop 26

We love fish and whenever near the sea in Morocco would go have a fish meal - the Agadir fishmarket was a frequented favourite for both fish and as a light on the wallet place to eat.

For only 35 dirham each we could have a usually rather huge or too huge plate with fish, a few shrimps and bits of calamari and frites, along with the usual olives and chilli sauce.

We always got a decent deal at shop number 26 - so to find and get to know a trustworthy shop is a great thing here when there are so many to choose and so many to increase the risk ratio of getting ripped off.

• Adventure Travel

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Nice restaurant

by gugi66 Written Oct 25, 2008

My pregnant wife is enjoying

A beautiful restaurant real Moroccan style. But the staff wasnt so poligth because they didn´t know so much english. But the surroundings were really nice and cozy.

Favorite Dish: We orderd pork but I dont know what we got. But it was ok to eat. I think it was pork cutlet with potatos.

English Pub: African championship in English style

by sachara Updated Apr 20, 2008

English Pub

There are so many bars and restaurants in Agadir, that you can't visit them all. Usually I go to the Moroccan ones or at least the ones with a Moroccan touch. But when we visited Agadir in january 2008 it was during the African soccer championships and Morocco was playing. So our last afternoon we met Hassan he liked to see the match Morocco-Namibia .

The only place we knew where you could watch the game was the English Pub in the touristy area. They had many wide screens indoors. It turned out to be a nice place with a terrace, cosy seats and some high tables. You can not only have a drink, but also all kind of snacks and meals. By the way Morocco won !

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Beach resturant: Camel meat

by gugi66 Written Mar 17, 2008

Do i dare???

International and lokal food, on the beachwalk, wiew over the ocean.

Favorite Dish: We just wanted to refresh ourselvs but when i saw that they have Camel meat, i just had to try it.

It tasted like........ I wont say, you should try it. I liked it my wife hated it.

'La Fontaine' and 'La Tour de Babel': terraces around the fountain

by sachara Updated Sep 9, 2007

'La Fontaine' & 'La Tour de Babel'

Where the Passage Ait Souss (with the municipal museum) connects with the Boulevard Hassan II is a square with a fountain. Here I visited two restaurants 'La Fontaine' and 'La Tour de Babel'
    (picture 1). At the same square is the 'Chambre de Commerce et Industrie d'Agadir' (picture 4). During my visit in summer 2007 there was and an exhibition and a fair in and besides the Chambre.

When I couldn't find a table in 'La Verandah', one block from here also at the Boulevard Hassan II, I came her for the first time. In one of these restaurants round the fountain it's more easy to find a table. You can chose to sit downstairs at the terraces at the sidewalks or go to the open air terraces at the first floor.

In 'La Fontaine' I had my breakfast with croissants french style. In 'La Tour de Babel' I sat at the terrace at the first floor for a drink in the late afternoon. It's relaxed to be away from the street yourself, but having a good overview from everything what happens down at the street (picture 5).

La Verandah: popular café in Parisian style

The Verandah from the streetside

Café La Verandah looks like a Parisian style café. It is situated at the corner of a street with a huge covered terrace in front (picture 1 & 2). I had the intention to have my breakfast here or a coffee with some snacks or sweets.

The café is very popular with the local people or like the lonely planet write 'with Agadir's smart set'. The terrace, surrounded by some green, looked very inviting, but around the time in the morning I arrived, I couldn't find any free table outdoors. Because I didn't like to sit at one of the tables inside, I decided to head to the restaurants nearby, also at the Boulevard Hassan II, around the place with the fountain at the head of the Passsage Ait Souss. Next time better.

Several restaurants in New Talborjt: Moroccan food

Place Lahcen Tamri

During my last stay in Agadir I stayed in Nouveau Talborjt, a few blocks north-east of the Central Market. They told me it's a good area to eat Morroccan food. There are several restaurants along the streets. The most restaurants are at the Place Lahcen Tamri (picture 1 & 2), though I am not sure if this is the best place to have Moroccan food. Most of the time I saw a mixture of Morroccans and tourists having their meals here. The first day of my stay I took a Moroccan salad here for lunch and it was OK.

In the Rue Allal ben Abdallah, leading from the Place in the direction of the Central Market I had a very good couscous in one off the side walk cafés together with my Moroccan friends. It was cheap and tasted very well. The restaurant of the Hotel la Tour du Sud in the Avenue du President Kennedy looks also good for having a meal sitting at the terrace with view at the minaret of Mohammed V mosque (picture 4).

Favorite Dish: You have to try couscous and tajine.

• sachara's Profile Photo

Chez Omar: Drinking and eating in paradise....

Chez Omar

On our way to the Paradise Valley in the mountains nort of Agadir we made a stop by the fruitstall of Chez Oman. Aziz, our guiding friend knew the place, so he took us the narrow path down to the stream and brought us to a shady place with some benches between the palms. It was a lovely place to have a refreshing fresh orange juice.

The water of the stream just behind the trees was very clear, you could easily see the tiny fishes 'eating' your feet when you enter the water. If you like you can camp here, Aziz told us. He and his friends come here soem times in the evening, bringing food, having dinner and drinks and stay over for the night, like in hippy times.

Look out for the sign at your right hand side when you are in the gorge.

Favorite Dish: We took the fresh orange juice. We could order our lunch here, which will be ready when we are back from our walk in the Paradise Valley. We had to be back in Agadir in time, so we didn't.

Le Nil Blue: At the beachfront

by sachara Updated Sep 7, 2007

'le Blue Nil'

At the corniche at the northwestern part of the beach are several restaurants with terraces looking out at the beach and ocean. During the years I visited several of those terraces for a drink, snack ot lunch. At one of the last days during my last visit I had lunch at 'le Nil Blue', a restaurant specialised in seafood, but alos serving other dishes. It took some time before I was served, but it didnt matter, because it was nice to look at the people passing by and at the ocean.

The outside of the restaurant and the terrace was decorated in blue and white, but don't miss the doors of the toilets having colourful egyptian paintings. I took a picture (3) of the door in the ladiesroom and forgot my camera. When I came back after two minutes, it wasn't there anymore. Thanks to a kind Spanish lady who found it and looked around at the terrace who was searching for something I got it back and all the 100s of pictures I took the days before.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad with shrimps and mixed fruit juice. (picture 5)

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Resto Laayoune: You havent been in Agadir if you havent eaten fish

by sachara Updated Sep 7, 2007

local fish stall, resto Laayoune

My first day in Agadir my VT-friends said to me, "you havent been in Agadir, if you havent eaten fish". So they took me to one of the open air fish restaurants close to the port. It was a lifely place, frequented by mainly Moroccan people. It was a nice way to start my stay in Agadir in Moroccan style.

Favorite Dish: There was a varied choice in all kinds of fish. We didnt make a choice, but the four of us ordered a huge plate of delicious mixed fish, accompanied with vegetables and bread.

• la scala n little norway: 2 of the best restaurants we ate in

by zizidoll Written Aug 1, 2007

i found finding somewhere nice to eat in agadir quite hard but i think these two retaurants were lovely, interiors were modern, clean and relaxing and the food and service was excellent, both places r 2 mins apart and serve french cuisine definitely better than hotel food r the crappy bar food on the beach front!!!

Favorite Dish: cream brulee in little norway was fab!

Instant Answers: Agadir

Comments

Agadir Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Agadir restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Agadir sightseeing.