Agadir Restaurants

mixed seafood grill

Best Rated Restaurants in Agadir

• Le Jacaranda Hotel Restaurant,Agadir: As Good As Ever

by germanjoe Updated Oct 20, 2006

I was interested to read the good review and to learn that the high cuisine standards are still upheld. I had a holiday in Agadir in then Sheraton (now called something else) in 2002
    on B&B so finding a place to eat out was fun. I had several meals at Jacaranda, sometimes
    lunch (the Sunday lunch is famous) and sometimes dinner and each offering was better that the one I had before.

I dont travel at all now but the memories from Agadir are all great.

Favorite Dish: Their tomato and basil soup was great.Also Poulet a la Nonno I think a very fine consomme.
    The fish cannot remember the namer like grouper but not grouper, they said too many bones in grouper

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Small restaurant SW of CTM bus station: Try local restaurants and couscous

by matcrazy1 Updated Nov 5, 2006

I AND MY FISH COUSCOUS

There are numerous touristy restaurants close to a beach.

But if you really look for some great genuine Moroccan food (fresh and cheap local specialites), step out from the tourist streets and look for the first place where normal Agadirians stay and eat: this is the place where the people who know go. The restaurant was small with poor furnitures and very poor choice of food (chicken, fish and couscous, seasonal salad) but clean and the waiter/owner was very nice.

There are more expensive but still cheap restaurants for budget visitors around the square opposite to my hotel where I ate as well. Warning: beer, wine or any other alcoholic drinks are not available in cheap local restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Fish couscous or royal (with meat) couscous + local salad tasted great. You can watch how do they prepare your couscous in special pots - more in local custom tip. I paid below $5 per person (with a drink).

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Number 26 at the Fishmarket

by angiebabe Written Dec 9, 2008

same lady serving, same shop 26

We love fish and whenever near the sea in Morocco would go have a fish meal - the Agadir fishmarket was a frequented favourite for both fish and as a light on the wallet place to eat.

For only 35 dirham each we could have a usually rather huge or too huge plate with fish, a few shrimps and bits of calamari and frites, along with the usual olives and chilli sauce.

We always got a decent deal at shop number 26 - so to find and get to know a trustworthy shop is a great thing here when there are so many to choose and so many to increase the risk ratio of getting ripped off.

• Adventure Travel

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Beach resturant: Camel meat

by gugi66 Written Mar 17, 2008

Do i dare???

International and lokal food, on the beachwalk, wiew over the ocean.

Favorite Dish: We just wanted to refresh ourselvs but when i saw that they have Camel meat, i just had to try it.

It tasted like........ I wont say, you should try it. I liked it my wife hated it.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

La Milanese Pizzeria: Excellent place for seafood- BETTER THAN THE PORT!

by angiebabe Updated Aug 7, 2013

A place busy with locals is always a good giveaway to a place being good!

Weve returned here a number of times now and it has been reliably good each time - so this is one of those places that make a must-do whenever in town.
    Many times busy with families and bigger groups - with busy waiters running here and there the waiting time has still been reasonable and the service good.

Looking at what everyone else has ordered one can see that the Salad Morocain entre along with a plate of Mixed Seafood for a bargain of 35 dirham! seems to be the popular choice - and ours.

Have been here a number of times with 3 of us eating and as the serves are very generous often 2 plates will be plenty for 3.
    Most times the calamari is divine!...and the crevettes would probably be the best Ive had in Morocco to this day! The fish has always tasted fresh fish of that days catch.
    Often we have taken leftovers with us like a lunchbox thing - which is an okay thing to do.

Ordering the Salade Morocain the tomatoes forever seem to taste better in Morocco than anywhere - the thickly sliced frenchstick bread accompaniment the usual smell and taste as fresh as and as delicious as. Pizzas are also great here and order any mixture you like really.

My companions had eaten there before which is why we went there the first time - we all wanted seafood - as thats what you do when you are in Agadir with all that delicious fish around!
    For a number of years for seafood the thing to do was to head for the fishmarkets, shop number 26, down near the port.
    But since discovering this place with the major increase in quality seafood at similar prices and without all the hustle of the many fish stalls at the port trying to get you to their stall (though that experience is interesting too and all adds to seeing local life while in Agadir) this place is so far definitely the place of first choice.

...we have also since tried the Quai de Poissons next door...its more expensive and I didnt like the calamari at all...

Favorite Dish: Said enough already!...The Mixed Plate with amazingly fresh and light calamari and big crevettes that were really juicy and tasty (not like the little ones at the port fishmarket and also at Safi's port fishmarkets - like getting rid of the chuckouts on us customers and sell the rest for better prices!)....nice bread...good Salad Marocain (thats tomatoes and cucumbers chopped quite finely with a bit of olive oil and maybe a bit of vinegar)

Resto Laayoune: You havent been in Agadir if you havent eaten fish

by sachara Updated Sep 7, 2007

local fish stall, resto Laayoune

My first day in Agadir my VT-friends said to me, "you havent been in Agadir, if you havent eaten fish". So they took me to one of the open air fish restaurants close to the port. It was a lifely place, frequented by mainly Moroccan people. It was a nice way to start my stay in Agadir in Moroccan style.

Favorite Dish: There was a varied choice in all kinds of fish. We didnt make a choice, but the four of us ordered a huge plate of delicious mixed fish, accompanied with vegetables and bread.

• beccyandjohn's Profile Photo

Taccos: Mecixan

by beccyandjohn Written Jan 15, 2006

We ate our Christmas dinner here and it was nice, but i think we got the wrong item of the menu as a few other dinners had Tortella wraps with chicken and peppers onions etc on a sizzling grill which look really good.

• sachara's Profile Photo

Chez Omar: Drinking and eating in paradise....

Chez Omar

On our way to the Paradise Valley in the mountains nort of Agadir we made a stop by the fruitstall of Chez Oman. Aziz, our guiding friend knew the place, so he took us the narrow path down to the stream and brought us to a shady place with some benches between the palms. It was a lovely place to have a refreshing fresh orange juice.

The water of the stream just behind the trees was very clear, you could easily see the tiny fishes 'eating' your feet when you enter the water. If you like you can camp here, Aziz told us. He and his friends come here soem times in the evening, bringing food, having dinner and drinks and stay over for the night, like in hippy times.

Look out for the sign at your right hand side when you are in the gorge.

Favorite Dish: We took the fresh orange juice. We could order our lunch here, which will be ready when we are back from our walk in the Paradise Valley. We had to be back in Agadir in time, so we didn't.

La Verandah: popular café in Parisian style

The Verandah from the streetside

Café La Verandah looks like a Parisian style café. It is situated at the corner of a street with a huge covered terrace in front (picture 1 & 2). I had the intention to have my breakfast here or a coffee with some snacks or sweets.

The café is very popular with the local people or like the lonely planet write 'with Agadir's smart set'. The terrace, surrounded by some green, looked very inviting, but around the time in the morning I arrived, I couldn't find any free table outdoors. Because I didn't like to sit at one of the tables inside, I decided to head to the restaurants nearby, also at the Boulevard Hassan II, around the place with the fountain at the head of the Passsage Ait Souss. Next time better.

• chrissyms's Profile Photo

La Tour De Paris: Local and French

by chrissyms Written Jul 1, 2007

It was the first restaurant we tried, and so good we went back, the choice was varied you could even get a pizza. We found it by mistake having just arrived in Agadir and probably took a wrong turning from the hotel and ended up in a less touristy area. The cuisine was both Moroccan and French. I chose a tajine and my wife chose steak both were excellant the service was good and price for two, consisting of two courses, beer and wine and coffee, 20 pounds. We came back 3 nights later, sometimes when you do you don't have the same experiance, but this was just as good. The clientelle were manly local with some French which is perhaps a good oman.

Le Nil Blue: At the beachfront

by sachara Updated Sep 7, 2007

'le Blue Nil'

At the corniche at the northwestern part of the beach are several restaurants with terraces looking out at the beach and ocean. During the years I visited several of those terraces for a drink, snack ot lunch. At one of the last days during my last visit I had lunch at 'le Nil Blue', a restaurant specialised in seafood, but alos serving other dishes. It took some time before I was served, but it didnt matter, because it was nice to look at the people passing by and at the ocean.

The outside of the restaurant and the terrace was decorated in blue and white, but don't miss the doors of the toilets having colourful egyptian paintings. I took a picture (3) of the door in the ladiesroom and forgot my camera. When I came back after two minutes, it wasn't there anymore. Thanks to a kind Spanish lady who found it and looked around at the terrace who was searching for something I got it back and all the 100s of pictures I took the days before.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad with shrimps and mixed fruit juice. (picture 5)

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Several restaurants in New Talborjt: Moroccan food

Place Lahcen Tamri

During my last stay in Agadir I stayed in Nouveau Talborjt, a few blocks north-east of the Central Market. They told me it's a good area to eat Morroccan food. There are several restaurants along the streets. The most restaurants are at the Place Lahcen Tamri (picture 1 & 2), though I am not sure if this is the best place to have Moroccan food. Most of the time I saw a mixture of Morroccans and tourists having their meals here. The first day of my stay I took a Moroccan salad here for lunch and it was OK.

In the Rue Allal ben Abdallah, leading from the Place in the direction of the Central Market I had a very good couscous in one off the side walk cafés together with my Moroccan friends. It was cheap and tasted very well. The restaurant of the Hotel la Tour du Sud in the Avenue du President Kennedy looks also good for having a meal sitting at the terrace with view at the minaret of Mohammed V mosque (picture 4).

Favorite Dish: You have to try couscous and tajine.

• earthflyer's Profile Photo

Cafe Restaurant Coq d'Or: Open Air

by earthflyer Updated Mar 17, 2007

Nice little place in the New Talborjt area on the Place Lahcen Tamri about to 1 minute walk from my Hotel el-Bahia and just around the corner where the buses drop you off in Agadir.

There's about 3 resturants all altogether here and competing for you. Which everone you choose you won't be disapointed with food or the service. You can sit outside or inside whichever you like.

I paid about 50 dirham for a 3 course meal of bread and soup, Chicken Paluet and fruit and ice-cream for desert Plus drinks but note they don't serve beer or wine.

Local tradition is mint tea after your meal.

Favorite Dish: Chiken Paluet (Chicken Stew)

• Singles

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Hotel Beach Club: Moroccan taste

by DunaKal Updated Jul 27, 2004

The restaurant is located in one of Agadir`s best hotels,The Beach Club hotel,you get to dine while live Moroccan music is playing and just when it`s about time for your dessert you have the chance to see the belly dancer preforming:D

Favorite Dish: As everywhere in Morocco the Cuscus is a must have and the Tajine.

'La Fontaine' and 'La Tour de Babel': terraces around the fountain

by sachara Updated Sep 9, 2007

'La Fontaine' & 'La Tour de Babel'

Where the Passage Ait Souss (with the municipal museum) connects with the Boulevard Hassan II is a square with a fountain. Here I visited two restaurants 'La Fontaine' and 'La Tour de Babel'
    (picture 1). At the same square is the 'Chambre de Commerce et Industrie d'Agadir' (picture 4). During my visit in summer 2007 there was and an exhibition and a fair in and besides the Chambre.

When I couldn't find a table in 'La Verandah', one block from here also at the Boulevard Hassan II, I came her for the first time. In one of these restaurants round the fountain it's more easy to find a table. You can chose to sit downstairs at the terraces at the sidewalks or go to the open air terraces at the first floor.

In 'La Fontaine' I had my breakfast with croissants french style. In 'La Tour de Babel' I sat at the terrace at the first floor for a drink in the late afternoon. It's relaxed to be away from the street yourself, but having a good overview from everything what happens down at the street (picture 5).

Instant Answers: Agadir

Comments

Agadir Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Agadir restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Agadir sightseeing.