Agadir Sports & Outdoors

• sachara's Profile Photo

Sportactivities at the beach

by sachara Updated Sep 8, 2007

bathing

You can come to the beach and ocean for swimming and bathing (picture 1). Be careful because of the undercurrents, look for the signs and flags. In the morning I saw lots of boys who came to the beach to play soccer. (picture 4).

At the beach you can also rent pedalos, jetski's, surfboards and surfski's. For surfing you have to go 150 m out off the beach and for jetski even 300 m. There are a few 'entrances' from the beach where you can go into the ocean for these types of watersports. The first 150 m is only for swimming.

Except sports on the sands and in or on the water you can also do sports in the air. I saw people parasailing (picture 3).

• Surfing
    • Water Sports

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Beach football

by matcrazy1 Written Jun 24, 2005

AGADIR BEACH

Moroccans love football. Each morning I saw young natives playing football on the beach, on the less crowded or empty areas at the two ends of the beach, not to disturb tourists.
    If you want you can always join them, they are very friendly. They succesfully asked a few foreign visitors to join them but... not me.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

My first ever parasailing!

by matcrazy1 Written Jun 24, 2005

PARASAILING AT AGADIR BEACH

I saw parasailing many times before and you could easily find me among spectators of starting and landing parasailers on many European, Tunisian and Turkish beaches.

But after long instructions of my lovely wife and short ones of a parasailing guy I did it for the first time just in Agadir and it was great experience, worth the cost... twice less than in Spain, two weeks before. I took great movie in the air :-) and landed quite good as for the first time (kind opinion of anonymous spectators of my landing :-). If you travel with your husband/wife or parents add that they may worry about your safety in the air :-).

• kadjak's Profile Photo

Surfing with killer whales!

by kadjak Updated Sep 29, 2003
    Surfing next to Tamharkt

While we were surfing at the "Killer point" near to Tamharkt, I suddenly saw a black fin caming out of the water about 200 m away from us. I of course tougth that it was a shark and paniced a little. Later, however, we found out that it was actually a killer whale, and that why that particular surfing spot was called "killer point".

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Swimming in the ocean!

by DunaKal Written Mar 3, 2003

It was my first time to swim in an ocean,at the time we went to Morocco in May the water was kinda cold to me,but it was great fun!
    At the beach you will notice many locals playing foot ball or jogging,everybody loves sports in this country!

Equipment: Swim suits and a pair of shorts and lots of sun screen lotion!

Instant Answers: Agadir

Comments

Agadir Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Agadir sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Agadir sightseeing.