Merzouga Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Merzouga

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Kasbah Mohayut: good local dishses such as Kalia!

by angiebabe Updated Nov 7, 2010

We had lunch at the auberge/hotel Kasbah Mohayut - you dont have to be an overnight guest at many of the hotels around the desert - give them a call if you can to let them know youd like to come for lunch or dinner is best to make sure and most places will normally be pleased to your custom and visit

The norm is to be served condiments of olives and servings of bread - whether sliced french sticks or their local flat bread, which ever it is it will be fresh - and olive oil and a salad starter - then perhaps a plate of beans which is a local dish - as a main there are the usual tagines of whatever youd like (chicken is the easiest to obtain, but can usually choose also choose mutton and beef or just vegetables)
    but there is also my favourite which is the local dish Kalia, chopped up or sometimes just minced beef cooked with tomatoes and spices with some eggs, beaten or just dropped whole on top to cook in a tagine dish - delicious!

Favorite Dish: Kalia and the beans and the salad...everything!

• Desert

• Venturingnow's Profile Photo

Don't miss the tagine

by Venturingnow Written Oct 19, 2002

When I took a 2 day trek into the Sahara, the guy who went with me hooked us up with some local food that some Berber tribe we met out there cooked. It was Tagine which is a slightly sweet stew served with bread. There were my two other backpacker friends, the guide, and five of the Berbers eating in a big circle. We each got a round of bread and used our fingers to eat from the communal dish of tagine. It was great.

A view of the dunes during dinner

• Khamlia's Profile Photo

Cafe Nora: The second best

by Khamlia Updated Dec 21, 2014

In Khamlia village which is my absolutely favorite place in Morocco is only one restaurant, Cafe Nora. It is only restaurant, nothing other, I mean not a part of the hotel or camp or so.
    There I eat the second best food in Morocco, every time I am there I visit this cafe and if I not have the dinner so I take only the coffee, the best coffee, with spices and it is very very good. Strong and so tasty.
    But I ate there many times also, couscous and tajine and every time it was tasteful.

Favorite Dish: The coffee I like most and as said, if I not go to eat I take almost the coffee.

• Desert

Instant Answers: Merzouga

Comments

Merzouga Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Merzouga restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Merzouga sightseeing.