Rissani Shopping

Spices at the market
    by sachara
    our host showed how to make butter
    Maison Touareg

Most Recent Shopping in Rissani

• EviP's Profile Photo

natural scent paste

by EviP Updated Feb 4, 2014
    moroccan natural scent block bar

at the Rissani souk - flea market

What to buy: Naturally scented block bars
    They look like soap bars, and in Rissani, there are plenty of natural fragrances to choose from, for men and women, at the least expensive prices
    My favourite scents are amber and musk, but there are more....
    The Moroccans use them as deodorant & perfume on the body, as it does not contain alcohol, it does not spoil with the heat
    but also, they keep a piece in the drawers to freshen and scent clothes and linen.

they last...forever!

What to pay: depending on the size/weight of the tube - they sell it by the gram, from 3 to 6 euros for a small piece.

• Spa and Resort
    • Eco-Tourism

• sachara's Profile Photo

Maison Touareg: Local craft and interesting exhibition

by sachara Written Apr 30, 2008
    Maison Touareg

On our way from Erg Chebbi back to Rissani we made a stop at Maison Touareg, just before we entered the town. It looked like we were the only visitors. We got a lot of information about all the local items which were exhibited in the courtyard, like pottery, furniture and ceremonial items.

What to buy: There is the usual local craft for sale, like carpets, pottery and jewellery. I am always looking for Tuareg products like leather bags, jewellery, tent poles and lots of other stuff. A pity, I didn't find anything here to enlarge my collection at home.

What to pay: You have always to bargain for the price, like a berber.... or like a tuareg !

• sachara's Profile Photo

Going to the souq and market

by sachara Updated Apr 30, 2008
    Spices at the market

In the souq and at the market of Rissani you can buy almost everything from food to clothes. I always stroll and look around in the souqs and at the markets just to get an idea of the local products.

What to buy: At the Rissani market I bought some spices to bring home. This time my choice was some of the mixed spices. The marketstalls with the spices and herbs are always very colourful, so was this one.

What to pay: It depends on your bargain qualities.

Souqs of Rissani herbs shops 1

rissani morocco africa desert

Wonderful places to buy herbs. Tea herbs are great here in the south. Every kind of problem that you have can be cured here in this shop, check it out!

What to buy: hebs
    non alcoholic parfums and essences
    incenses
    lizards

What to pay: if you speak english you're done!! princes will definatly rise if you're ozzy, american, NZ, british or canadian. Also japanese...
    try to speak in french and if they ask were you're from just say you're mexico bolivia or brazil. :o)

• globetrott's Profile Photo

I do not recall the name of that shop: Camel-bags / sacks

by globetrott Written Nov 14, 2002

You may get carpets and kilims at almost any place in Maroc - but I was looking for something special

What to buy: " Camel Bags " - " Sac á Camel " - was the expression I used when I asked for them, and mostly had to explain also, what I meant - and for the staff of shops it only had a arabic-name, that I could not remember

What to pay: I payed around 50 $ for 1 of the bags - in 1990 - the size was about 1,40 meter x 1,20 meter

Flea Market

rissani morocco africa desert

new clothes, old clothes, cups, jars, furniture, chickens, plastics, old shoes, vegetables etc etc...
    local flea market in rissani.

Souqs of Rissani herbs shops 2

rissani morocco africa desert

on this picture you can see both some dead animals fur and jars with spices and weird stuff that i didn´t wanted to buy of course.

Instant Answers: Rissani

Comments

Rissani Shopping

Reviews and photos of Rissani shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rissani sightseeing.