Ait Ben Haddou Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Ait Ben Haddou

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Don't enter via main entrance

by BE001903 Written Feb 11, 2008

As all tourist trying to enter the main gate to the kasbah we were asked to pay a fee. When we refused they got angry and some old guy tried to make us pay.

Fun Alternatives: We left and entered the kasbah at the lefthand side (there are some shops at the entrance ), with no hassle there. I don't mind paying tips for some service, but just filling some guy's pocket because he lives at the entrance .... It's unfair to the other people we met here and who don't con you.

• happy-travels's Profile Photo

Do you pay to enter?

by happy-travels Written May 3, 2005

There are men at the door that charge an entrance fee of 10 DHM. I asked them if they had any official credentials, which they didnt. 2 French tourists entered and didn't pay they quoted a passage in their French (can't remember if it was Fodors?) which said that officially it was free. They let me in for 5 DHM. I dont know who these guys were but i hate being ripped off. I don't mind at all paying any entrance if the money goes into the right hands. I had the feeling there was a con going on.

Unique Suggestions: The Kasbah is stunning more so from the outside. Inside is cool and a beautiful place amble along the tiny streets. there are many tourist shops selling souvenirs etc.

Fun Alternatives: Find out which French guide suggests non payment and what organisation should ANY donation go to.

• Architecture
    • National/State Park
    • Archeology

Instant Answers: Ait Ben Haddou

Comments

Ait Ben Haddou Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Ait Ben Haddou tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ait Ben Haddou sightseeing.

View all Ait Ben Haddou hotels