El Goumt du Dades Off The Beaten Path

Rock Art - Kasbah
    by barryg23
    Look closely for the switchback roads
    by barryg23
    dramatic land formations
    by angiebabe

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in El Goumt du Dades

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Drive on further to Msemrir

by angiebabe Updated Apr 9, 2013

dramatic land formations

A lot of people, myself included on my first trip to the Dades Gorges, would miss the stunning and dramatic scenery on further towards Msemrir.

My third trip up to the Dades we decided to go on further and it was excellent. Is time consuming - took an extra 2 hours but it provided some lovely photos and stops along the way!
    My friend visiting with me for her first trip to Morocco was able to see a lot more diverse scenery in that extra 2 hours so it was a cost and time effective bonus.

Drove up here again recently 7 years after the previous visits - this time after and during rain - which gave it a whole different look to the summer photos put here originally - though it was summer! we had come from 45 degrees at Er Rachidia and were relishing the cooler temps that the gorge areas enjoy but overnight with the rain it had also become quite cool cardigan weather - I walked out onto the outcrop that overlooks the grande canyon looking gorge with river as in the photos jumping from rock slab to rock slab as the wet earth became like thick sticky clay and clung to my shoes. Watch out for falling rocks when driving when its wet or been raining so drive more into the middle of the road and keep an eye out for creatures that start moving in the rain such as a group of tiny frogs that were making their way across the road for the river down the bank on the other side!

See the locals out under colourful umbrellas or in their raincoats out sowin seed over the wet soil or on their bikes peddling through the puddles!

• Photography

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Rock Art

by barryg23 Updated Aug 26, 2007

Mini Kasbah

We found some very neat rock art just up the road from our second hotel, opposite the Auberge Tisdrine. Most for the sculptures are intricately designed mini Kasbah’s - one even had small cars on the switchback roads! All are built into the rock, and you could easily miss them if you walk by too fast. I’m not sure who the sculptor was - perhaps it was to advertise the hotel - but we were very impressed with the work.

Instant Answers: El Goumt du Dades

Comments

El Goumt du Dades Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of El Goumt du Dades off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for El Goumt du Dades sightseeing.

View all El Goumt du Dades hotels