El Goumt du Dades Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in El Goumt du Dades

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Don't Know!: Panoramic Views Good Food

by suvanki Written Apr 23, 2008

After Boumalne, and before we reached the Dades Gorge we stopped for lunch here, Hossain knew the owner, and said We'd have good food here. We were the only diners, so it was quite relaxing.

Afraid that I don't know the name of this restaurant - Hossain settled the bill, so I didn't have a receipt to give me the name of the place , or cost of the meal etc. There was a small shop, and I think there was accommodation too.

Any ideas of its name anyone???? The restaurants/ hotels etc that I've checked on other pages all look quite similar

I liked this place, not only for the food and decor, but for the panoramic views over the valley below. It was so peaceful 'you could hear your hair grow'!

After our meal, my guide had a quick nap, so I enjoyed watching the view. I could hear bird song, a few bleating goats, then I could hear children singing to a drum beat. Iwasn't sure if this was coming from a school or from one of the houses

to be continued......

Favorite Dish: A selection of merzouga sausages, followed by a tasty tagine - I was stuffed, but made way for a platter of fresh juicy fruits and a mint tea - of course!!

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Half Board at Hotel la Kasbah de la Vallee

by barryg23 Updated Aug 26, 2007

Wine...finally!

After almost 5 days without alcohol - almost something of a record for us on holiday - we finally found somewhere serving wine. And good timing too as it was my birthday and I was starting to prepare myself for the first "dry" birthday in a long time. This meal was at Hotel la Kasbah de la Vallee where we were also staying. Most hotels in the Dades Valley offer half-board and it's the most sensible option as there are few restaurants here other than in the hotels.

Our meal here was excellent. We had a delicious harira soup for starters, and the friendly waiter even brought us a second portion each. I had a chicken tagine for main course - probably about the 5th tagine of our trip by this stage but I still loved it, while Ruth had a chicken couscous. This was accompanied by a lovely Moroccan red wine.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Half Board at Kasbah Ait Arbi

by barryg23 Updated Aug 26, 2007

Dinner at Ait Arbi

We very much enjoyed our meal at Kasbah Ait Arbi, which offered us half board for an excellent price. There was a nice selection on the menu - mostly Moroccan style dishes which we had become so accustomed to over the past few days. We both had a small salad and bread as an appetizer followed by a delicious harira soup as the starter.

Unfortunately I knocked my bowl over and spilled soup everywhere. I’ve never been so I felt so embarrassed - we were the only guests and when the bowl fell you could hear it echo everywhere! The brothers who ran the hotel were very nice about it and brought me another bowl!

The main courses were just as good. Ruth had a Couscous aux Sept Legumes which was so big she could only finish half of it, while I opted for brochettes of beef with chips. For dessert we had one of my favourite dishes: orange slices dipped in cinnamon -a Moroccan speciality.

Breakfast at Kasbah Ait Arbi was just as good. As the sun out we ate on the terrace overlooking the river and the mountains. We had delicious orange juice, coffee, pancakes and baguette. This is a standard breakfast in Morocco but when the pancakes are freshly made and the coffee tastes so good, you do appreciate the difference.

Instant Answers: El Goumt du Dades

Comments

El Goumt du Dades Restaurants

Reviews and photos of El Goumt du Dades restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for El Goumt du Dades sightseeing.

View all El Goumt du Dades hotels