Ouarzazate Restaurants

by li-anne
  • Restaurants
    by Amandamina

Most Recent Restaurants in Ouarzazate

• restaurant manar du sud: the amazing restaurant in ouarzazate

by berberesh Written Mar 25, 2011

le restaurant manar du sud was the best resaurant during my trip to the sought of Morocco.it is a small yet awsome place that one shouldn't miss in ouarzazat. the food is unbelievably delicious tagines.., pastillas, skewers .... with affordable prices.the restaurant manar is very closed to the kasbah of tawrirt.

• Mountain Climbing

• Le Petit Gourmand, Ouarzazate: Elegant low-cost restaurant

by bentek Written Sep 26, 2010

Just after the Kashba on the other side of Rue Mohamad, is an elegant, but economical restaurant, well appointed, where Ayzoul Hassan, a lanky, handsome berber, will do his best to serve you a pizza or Moroccan meal delicately - albeit like most other restaurants in thaty region without wine. The pizza Napolitane was better that one we got int the Theater Café in Napoly. Worth a try.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

The Habouss: best Patisserie in town!

by angiebabe Updated Dec 21, 2008

A frequent stopping place in Ouarzazate we often stopped here for a sit down with noss noss coffee (not so milky and a bit more coffee kick!) and fresh orange juice and a pattisserie - as are some of the delicious delights of Morocco!

Often stopped here to grab another stash of patisserie mixes - ie select from the wide range of little biscuits and cakes and sweet things to pay by weight (about £5 a kilo) and then are put into a nice little box tied up with a ribbon - great for taking as gifts to friends and family (and particularly good as contributions during Ramadan) and we would always get one for us as well of course to have as we travelled home!

Favorite Dish: the little shortbread icing sugar dusted biscuits with dates or nuts inside!, the always sweet orange juice but without sugar added, the coffee - excellent anywhere in Morocco especially in comparison with coffee in the UK!

• Adventure Travel

• li-anne's Profile Photo

Restaurant Massinissa: Rooftop restaurant for a fresh breeze

by li-anne Written Oct 8, 2008

Restaurant Massinissa and rue du March��

Restaurant Massinissa is in the centre of Ouarzazate. It looks good and has a pleasant rooftop terrace. You can overlook the whole center of Ouarzazate including the pedestrian zone. If you are lucky you can catch a fresh breeze on the rooftop while having dinner.
    The menu is not very special, it has local dishes like brochettes, tajines and couscous. But also western style dishes like a hamburger menu, which was great for our kids.
    We can recommend this restaurant, we were satisfied.

Favorite Dish: Delicious brochettes, great taste. Well prepared, and affortable.

• Amandamina's Profile Photo

Douyria: One of the best cuisine and view in Ouarzazate

by Amandamina Updated Apr 28, 2008

I spent a week on Ouarzazate and have tested most of the top restaurants. My favorite is Douyria, at the border of the Casbah, you can see it from the main street.
    The view from Douyria is absoluetly amazing, you can see both the Atlas mountains and the Casbah. Be carreful, ask for the terrasse. It is owned by a French girl. The cuisine is traditional marrocan with a large variety of salads and funny deserts. You can feel the quality of the products and the originality of the tates.
    I hope that you will enjoy it too.

Favorite Dish: Milk brics
    Tagines
    Couscous

• Seniors

• Amandamina's Profile Photo

DOUYRIA: Best restaurant in Ouarzazate

by Amandamina Updated Apr 28, 2008

I'v tested several restaurants in Ouarzazate an Marocco. My favorite is Douyria. The best cuisine that I have found in marocco.
    I enjoyed the beautifull view from the terrasse of Douyria, from the Atlas mountains to the Casbah Taourirt!
    I ate couscous, excellent, and Milk brics, and many salads the next day.
    I hope that you will enjoy it too.

Favorite Dish: Milk brics and my boy friend ate a couscous that he still remembers

• Seniors
    • Luxury Travel

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the restaurant with no name: excellent food

by call_me_rhia Updated Feb 1, 2008

@ the restaurant with no name

The restaurant with no name may have had a name - but in that case it would have been in Arabic and I would have missed it. However it is very easy to find. It's a simple cafò/restaurant which you'll recognise by their delicious smell... most tables are outside, under an arched house.

Favorite Dish: Excellent food... not exactly what I had thought I would get, but truly delicious. As I was a bit in ah urry I ordered a turkey sandwich, but I got a turkey brochettes... charcoal grilled to perfection. They also brought me some yummy bread, a nice salad and some vile fried potatoes. When the bill came it was less than 3 euros, including some mineral water.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

roadside restaurant for low priced eating

by angiebabe Updated Jan 26, 2008

Along the roadside about half way between Tinehr and Skoura this restaurant is popular with Moroccan travellers and us as well - weve stopped here a few times and always found it quick with tagines pretty much always not far from being ready in readiness for travellers who do want to eat quickly and not wait long.

Cleanliness has never been an issue - or the place just wouldnt be popular and we just wouldnt have eaten there either - there are the necessary handwashing areas for pre eating hygiene and so on.

You can have a look at the tagines and choose the one you want. Mutton, beef or chicken tagines available served with bread as usual and whatever you want to drink - bottled water, mint tea or coffee.

both indoor and outdoor seating available - we usually sat outside and the indoors if raining!

Favorite Dish: Preferably beef as usually has the less visible fat and more iron and nutritiional content i reckon but all are good and popular with onions, sliced tomatoes and often olives and maybe prunes - which is what i do like with my tagines.

and nous nous - coffee without too much milk and a little bit stronger than usual.

For two people we usually paid only about 30 dirham but up to 50 dirham is fine - thats a cheap meal at only £2-£4!!

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Cafe Restaurant Le Bougafer: Moroccan/ International

by suvanki Updated Aug 15, 2007

I ate here one night during my stay, it was owned by the manager of my hotel - (Hotel Pamierie) and as I'd arranged to meet him here to discuss my planned trip for the next day, I decided to have something to eat.

The restaurant was popular with locals (mainly male), either eating or enjoying a leisurely drink and chat, or watching the football on tv.

I sat in the front part, overlooking the road, where I could indulge in 'People watching'. I was fascinated by a group of boys and girls from a very small boy, to a girl of about 10 years old, who endlessly lined up to race each other up and down the pavement- all very seriously assuming the athletes start position of crouching down, arms stretched out etc. Then on command they rose and headed at speed to an imaginary finishing post. The girl won easily each time, and I was quite impressed that when she tripped and crashed to the floor, (While I was still winceing),she got herself up, hardly faultered, then carried on running!! Perhaps I'd witnessed a future champion!

I was reminded of some of the world renowned Moroccan athletes, and realised that they are probably heroes to these children as much as their soccer stars are.

Favorite Dish: Salad with lots of ingredients including beetroot and potatoes

A selection of brochettes (sausages)and small grilled kebabs were delicious, flavoured with spices and herbs

A platter of sliced oranges sprinkled with cinnamon.

mint tea and a bottle of mineral water

This meal was very enjoyable, I'd only wanted a small plate of sausages, but managed to eat all of my 3 courses.

The total price was 88 dh!!
    Sorry I don't have a photo

• Cafe Mogador & La Kasbah: Ouarzazate Restaurant Tips

by alexdouglas Written Apr 30, 2007

Cafe Mogador must have taken over the spot that Chez Demitri was in, but the good news is that it is quite good :) We had great wine "Le Medaillon - Rouge" and great entrees, including grilled meats, chicken cordon bleu, pizza and lasagna! Four of us ate with tw bottles of wine for about $150 US... not bad.

We also enjoyed a meal at La Kasbah that we hadread about here on this website. It is quite good! I had the beef cous cous and it was the best I've had in Morocco so far. The beef was so tender and flavorful, delicious! Then the fresh melon for dessert was incredible! It was a green cantaloupe, not honeydew, it was different, but amazing. We'll try to find more of it tonight for sure. This was a fixed menu at about $10 US each, but it included soup/salad and the dessert.

Favorite Dish: Cafe Mogador - Ground lamb
    Kasbah - Beef Cous Cous & the melon

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

La Halte: Pizza in Morocco !!!

by chrisvandenbroucke Written Nov 28, 2004

You can choose between ten kinds of pizza's, all at about 30 Dirhams.
    Of course you can get tajine's or brochettes for the same prices.

You can sit inside out outside on the terrace.

This is a very very good address...

• mafi_moya's Profile Photo

Feeling hungry?

by mafi_moya Written Feb 12, 2004

Blvd Mohammed V

Two restaurants in Ouarzazate that always pull in the tourists are Restaurant Le Kasbah, unsurprisingly located right opposite the kasbah with good views and a rooftop terrace, and Chez Dimitri - slightly more expensive but serves alcohol and a range of decent Moroccan and European dishes. It's about halfway down the main street of Boulevard Mohammed V.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

The desert breakfast: Get up early and enjoy the breakfast

by Luchonda Updated May 8, 2003

Desert Fort

Desert Restaurant and enjoy the landscape and the breakfast !!
    Many former defence Forts are now touristic spots .

Favorite Dish: Just the local menu - refreshing after a trip and first contact to Northern Africa !

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

La Kasbah

by SirRichard Written Nov 12, 2002

at the terrace

Nice terrace with shady tables with a wonderful view to the Kasbah and to the cinema studios in front of it.

Instant Answers: Ouarzazate

Comments

Ouarzazate Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ouarzazate restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ouarzazate sightseeing.