Ouarzazate Transportation

I am with the staffs
    by jorgejuansanchez
    map inside the travel agency
    by jorgejuansanchez
    by johnsakura

Best Rated Transportation in Ouarzazate

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Sam Tour Rent a Car and 4x4

by angiebabe Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ive rented from here several - better quality and price of course when the big boss of my family connections has got involved - such as is Morocco style dealings but anyway they are a rental firm in Ouarzazate and if you need one then this mob is probably one of the better ones - haggle a bit and at least make some attempt to show that youre not just mindlessly paying any price for any quality.

Sometimes you can get their cheapest car for as cheap as 250-270 dirham a day and the next quality up for 300 dirham a day - if you can get a Clio for 350 dirham (or less!) then take it - its worth paying a bit for that more quality as your fuel economy will be vastly improved as well!! ie saving you quite a few dirham in Essence/Sans Plomb costs.

You need your passport or ID, drivers licence for you and any other drivers, credit card for security swipe deposit, cash or credit card for payment (weigh up whether you want to pay the 3-5% credit card charge - i always ended up choosing to pay cash).

Keep all the papers they give you including the certs for the car in a safe and handy place ie the police often want to look at them at each police checkpoint if they stop you, preferably take them with you wherever you stay each night.

• Adventure Travel

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Hiring a Guide

by suvanki Updated Nov 12, 2009

My guides 4x4 at kasbah

This was most probably one of my favourite days out during my trip to Morocco.

I'd hired Hossaine as my guide following a recommendation, after which we met to decide on the places that I wanted to visit.

I tentatively suggested the Dades Valley and Valley of a Thousand kasbahs as I wasn't too sure of distance/ time to allow.

Hossaine agreed with this, and recommended some places in the area that I might also like to see.

I was collected from my hotel by Hossaine in a smart looking air-conditioned 4x4, and we were soon leaving Ouarzazate in an easterly direction.

I had a full day of sightseeing, and was more than satisfied.

Hossaine was very informative, pointing out things on the way, answering questions, chosing a great restaurant for lunch, and was a very safe driver- especially when we encountered a thunderstorm/ torrential downpour in the Dades gorge, where the road was very slippery and his car started to skid - a lesser driver, or a different vehicle, and it could have been quite nasty!

I felt quite comfortable, as he was courteous, friendly and very professional in his job. (As a solo female traveller, it can sometimes be a problem/concern knowing whether it's safe to get into a car with a male stranger, but I had no problems)

We visited a few kasbahs, and then passed through Skoura, Kelaat M'Gouna,and Boumalne, before arriving at the Dades Gorge.

From 0900 til about 1900hrs, I'd enjoyed a fascinating day exploring this area of Morocco.

During our trip, Hossaine had played a few Cd's of Moroccan music which I'd enjoyed, and I'd asked who they were by (Najat Aatabou and Souad Tounarouz).

Later that evening, Hossaine called at my hotel (as I had had to exchange some money to pay for my trip) and he had bought me the Cd's as a surprise gift!!

I prefer Najat's voice, and was surprised to read that she is one of Morocco's most popular singers, and was the first Moroccan female to issue a CD!

Link to Najat Aatabou website

I'd recommend Hossain as a guide - Although he mainly guides around Ouarzazate (Dades/Draa Valley etc) he also travels to other areas of Morocco.

• Photography

• jacobzoethout's Profile Photo

cycle to a kasbah and take a taxi back

by jacobzoethout Updated Dec 17, 2006

skoura, taxi with bikes

In Ouarzazate you can rent good bikes (made in Holland) in the small travel agency Daya Travels. The owner is a Dutch Morrocan called Abdel.
    You can cycle to a kasbah (Ait Ben Haddou or Skoura) and take a taxi back to Ouarzazate. Bikes will go on top of the taxi.

• Cycling

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Trans Almou Draa bus M'kech to Ouarzazate

by suvanki Updated Nov 12, 2009

Bus - stopping on the way to Ouarzazate

I didn't pre-book a ticket, I just turned up at the bus station, preparing for a long wait. Before I knew it, I was sitting on a bus, bound for Ouarzazate

I'd like to say that this had just involved me walking to a ticket office, asking the price, handing over the money, being given my ticket, taking a seat, and setting off

Well, being Marrakech, it wasn't quite like this!!

Exit the taxi, try to pay driver- he's hailing a man over. Driver asks for my ticket I explain I haven't got one- he relays this to the man who takes my bag, Pay the taxi driver (plus tip)

Catch up with man with my bag, who's shouting "Ouarzazate?" at each ticket office. We stop at one - I'm told price 70dh, give 100dh - wait for change (30dh) ticket office man says "for Me!" and pockets 20dh (Yes, its only 20dh-but!!!) No time to argue, my bag is disappearing!

Catch up again as we arrive at a bus, another transaction between the 'bag man' and the bus boy, where my bag is put into the hold as I am led by the arm onto the bus and placed on a seat.

I'd just got myself settled (after paying more baksheesh to bag man!!) when the bus boy decided he was going to move me to another seat, and then another!

He was eventually satisfied, and left me alone - Not before the outstretched hand appeared to relieve me of my remaining small change!

Now I don't mind giving a small tip for these services, (It was great to have my heavy bag carried, and a ticket found so quickly and easily- even if I did feel that I'd been caught up in a whirlwind!!) it's just that I prefer to offer first, without it being 'demanded'.

Well the stunning scenery en route made up for any discomfort, as we headed up the winding P31 road, climbing higher until we reached the summit of the Tizzi n Tichka Pass, then descending into the lunar like Anti Atlas range.

This Journey took 4 hours- but it was full of interesting scenery, and the halfway stop at Taddert was interesting too!

I'm very pleased that I experienced this journey!

• Study Abroad

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Across the Atlas

by SirRichard Written Nov 12, 2002

To go from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate you have to cross the Atlas mountains. It's a narrow paved road with many mountain passes. It takes more than 4 hours for 200 kms, and it gets worse when there are many trucks.
    It's a bit shocking to find snow just 2 hours away from Marrakesh...

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

by johnsakura Updated May 12, 2012

Petit taxis in Ouarzazate

The best way to cross Ouarzazate is by taxi. Because the city is spread, you'll end up having many destinations far 3 or 4 km from eachother.

Taxis cost 4 dirhams inside the city, 5 dirhams taking you to the souk and around 20 dirhams to take you to CLA studios and Atlas Studios 30 dirhams.

Don't confuse petit taxi (small taxis) with grand taxis (big taxis). Grand taxis take you to further destinations.

• earthflyer's Profile Photo

CTM bus Marrakesh

by earthflyer Updated Mar 20, 2010

CTM has 3 buses departing for Marrakesh.

Journey time is 5 hours.

Tickets are about 70 dirhams plus 5 dirhams for luggage.

Please you the prices as a rough guide only.

The CTM bus station is near the post office on BLVD Mohammed V in the center of town.

This bus trip is very scenic and wil take you over the Atlas mountains.

• li-anne's Profile Photo

Affortable. and luxuary transport with Aziz!

by li-anne Written Oct 8, 2008

Toyota Landcruiser from Aziz

As we were looking for transport from Ait Ben Haddou to Ouarzazate, we coincidentially met Abdelaziz (Aziz) Boukhch from Defat Tour.
    He had a luxuary Toyota Landcruiser and transports people in Ouarzazate and around.
    We did the traject Ait Ben Haddou-Todra Gorge with him, and later on Ouarzazate-Marrakech.
    We payed 600 dirhams for each traject, which is slightly more expensive than the CTM bus, bus much more comfortable.
    Aziz speaks french, and some words english, and he's a very pleasant person.
    You can book any tour around Ouarzazate with him, just mail or call for information.
    We were very satisfied with this type of transport, and would recommend Aziz to anyone going this direction.

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Rent a Car Ouarzazate

by johnsakura Written Jan 12, 2011
    Rent a Car Ouarzazate Morocco

Renting a car in Ouarzazate is not hard, many agencies offer this service and you can actually get pretty good deals to rent a car in Ouarzazate. You can get a city car Dacia Logan starting 35 Euros per day A/C, and a 4x4 Land Cruiser starting 120 Euros per day depending on the amount of days of your rental period.

• earthflyer's Profile Photo

CTM bus to Casablanca

by earthflyer Written Mar 20, 2010

CTM has 1 bus departing for Casablanca.

Journey time is 8 hours 30mins.

Tickets are about 135 dirhams plus 5 dirhams for luggage.

Please you the prices as a rough guide only.

This bus trip over the Atlas Mountains is very scenic.

Bus from Marrakesh

by jacobzoethout Written Mar 31, 2005

Bus between Marrakesh and Ouarzazate

We came to Ouarzazate by bus from Marrakesh. It was a spectacular trip right through the Atlas mountains; on their highest points there was still lots of snow. The trip took about 4 hours.

A 4 wheel drive to the desert

by jacobzoethout Written Mar 31, 2005

Draa valley

In Ouarzazate, we arranged a two day trip to the Draa valley and to the deserts in southern Morocco; we went with a 4WD from the travel agency Daya Travels. Our guide and personal driver was Abdel.

Quarzatate - a 4x4 adventure

by Luchonda Written May 5, 2003

4x4 expedition

Driving and exploring the desert is only possible by 4x4 vehicles.
    The trip is hard - the landscape in the desert unforgetable !

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Quarzatate - we drove all day (Celine Dion)

by Luchonda Written May 5, 2003

4x4 exploring

The desert around Quarzatate is a jewel for the eye and a separate experience - who's is telling me that there are no green areas in the desert !

The ship of the desert

by Luchonda Updated Jun 7, 2005

Ships of the desert

Long stelted Camels - local taxi's in the middle of the Atlas Mountains
    What a feeling it was !
    Quarzazate (pronounced WAR-ZA-ZATE)
    is the crossroad from north to south - west to east.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Ouarzazate

Comments

Ouarzazate Transportation

Reviews and photos of Ouarzazate transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ouarzazate sightseeing.