Zagora Shopping

• amsterdam_vallon's Profile Photo

Caravane Mille ?toiles: A desert excursion

by amsterdam_vallon Written May 23, 2004
    Caravane Mille ��toiles

It's a little shop on the principal street of Zagora (avenue Mohammed V). We were greet there by Douini the owner and a cup of tea.

What to buy: The shop is mostly selling some berber clothes and some silver jewel. But you can find the cheapest desert tour of all Zagora!

What to pay: Remember that BARGAIN is the name of the game!!! For a day trip to the desert we paid 350 Dh. In all the other shop it was 400 to 500 Dh.

• hat53's Profile Photo

Boutique Touareg: Gibe me your very,very,very,very best bid

by hat53 Updated Jan 15, 2004

The shop owners and my watch

The shop has all kinds of stuff stocked. Carpet, jewelry, crafts, lamps etc. It's small but big enough to show you every carpet you want and to make you a fresh mint tea.
    The shops owner is a very nice person. He invited us in just for luck.
    Sales goes the Berber way, you should not pay more than max 50% of the opening price and take your time
    Of course we got out with a carpet, but first had to have a second cup of tea.

What to buy: We bought a carpet, but there are lot of things to but as you can see at the picture. Most things are available in whole Morocco but the price are better in the south.

What to pay: We got a real good price for our carpet. It's 1,80x0,50 meters handmade Sleeping carpet. We paid €25,-, my old watch with an almost battery, some aspirins and some after shave. We also made the promise to promote him.

• Desert

Instant Answers: Zagora

Comments

Zagora Shopping

Reviews and photos of Zagora shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zagora sightseeing.