Tangier Sports & Outdoors

FISHING HIGH ON CLIFFS
    by matcrazy1
  • LOCAL SWIMMER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN
    LOCAL SWIMMER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE...
    by matcrazy1

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Tangier

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Fishing in the ocean

by matcrazy1 Updated Jun 29, 2005

FISHING HIGH ON CLIFFS

I saw quite many locals sitting on cliffs, high above the Atlantic Ocean, by the Hercules Cave and trying to catch any fish with a fishing rods, partly succesfully. One of them managed to catch maybe 10, medium size fish. Some locals were angling down on the rocks as well.

Equipment: I saw loong fishing rods of locals.

• Fishing

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Swimming in the ocean

by matcrazy1 Updated Jun 30, 2005

LOCAL SWIMMER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN

I took a loop drive from Tangier to the Cape Spartel and the Hercules Caves. When I was walking on high cliffs of the Atlantic Ocean above the Hercules Caves, I surprisingly saw small, alone figure of a swimmer approx. 1 kilometer far in the ocean. I zoomed (12 x) and took a picture.

A would-be suicide?, I thought. No, no, I got to know from local fishermen that a local, young guy used to swim kilometers each day. What for? Just to relax. Hmm... if you want to join him... I didn't want. Let say, the water was too cold for me.

Equipment: Swimming suit or shorts. Warning: any nudity is strictly forbidden in Morocco.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Tangier

Comments

Tangier Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Tangier sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tangier sightseeing.