Casablanca Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Casablanca

• SannaSanna's Profile Photo

http://www.maroceve.com/: Nightlife @ Casablanca

by SannaSanna Written Feb 7, 2010

Everytime I go on the net reading about Casablanca I get the same response. Nightlife in Casablanca sucks. Well guess what people? You couldn't be more wrong!
    Nightlife exists, in fact nightlife in Casablanca is probably more wild than it will ever be in your hometown.
    The thing about the nightlife there is just that is is a little hard finding it if your a tourist like my self. I go to Morocco 2 times a year and it was not until the summer of 09 I found everything.
    I was amazed, quite frankly I have never seen anything like that in my hometown (Stockholm). However the rage doesn't start until late so don't be there before midnight!
    And make sure you bring your wallet, it gets rather expensive unless you guys are women! :P
    If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

check this site about nightlife at Casa to see what you can do!

Dress Code: Dress to Impress, and at night time you can show how much flesh you want as long as you are taking a taxi all the way home :P

• Music

• iaint's Profile Photo

Rick's Cafe: memorable!

by iaint Updated Dec 31, 2009

Ayuri & Hiro

It is modelled on the place owned by Bogart's character in the Casablanca movie.

Met VTers Ayuri & Hiro here for a few drinks.

Nice place - and there are not many bars in Casabanca which can claim that distinction. You can eat or drink, or both.

As with the rest of the country, booze ain't cheap!

Good pianist...friendly staff.

Dress Code: Didn't arise. They do have people on the door, so I guess you could be rejected. I didn't have a jacket or tie on, but did look presentable (I think, anyway).

You could phone and ask!

• xaver's Profile Photo

Cabarets

by xaver Updated Jan 2, 2008

sofa

Casablanca is full of discos, most of them are hotel's nightclubs, I had the best time in Cabarets, where you can drink beer, listen to Moroccan music and, sometime watch some belly dance performances.

Dress Code: I must say that Morocco is one of the places where people are more formal in dressing, you see really many elegant epople in the cabarets, bars or elsewhere, anyway, even if I was absolutely casual, I had never have trouble in entering any place.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Hotel Touring: NOT my favourite city for nightlife

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 22, 2006

MY CASABLANCA NIGHTLIFE (CENSORED BY MY WIFE :-)

Morocco and Casablanca were rather not my favourite places for nighlife. I meant pubs, dancing, meeting friends etc.
    So my nightlife in Casablanca was in my room in Hotel Touring with my wife, travel books, maps and view from the balcony to a busy street life :-))).

I found a few ugly and rather horrible bars (closed 9 or 10 pm) in the center/downtown of the city - and this was world of men.
    Later night clubs which seemed more like places to meet a prostitute (rather unsexy :-) than a friend.

In some (more expensive) hotels like Casablanca Hyatt Regency you can surely find some western style nightlife, I am sure. But better to have good credit/debit cards there :-).

Dress Code: A pyjama, shorts or even nothing :-). Is there any other similar nightlife spot?

• hotel: pub

by lastcasa Written Sep 1, 2006

Yes ... I was in Casablanca, But it didnt meet the expectations as i heard. Nightlife is very bad, eccept the trip with my girl friend, she is the lovely friend, I didnt like anything there just my Moroccan girl "KH" I spent the 24/24 with her, I didnt see anything else. I liked this so much. especially the " Crazy Poet ". I like to visit Casa again just to see my charmed girl KH.

Dress Code: Normal dress, Tshirt in summer, you can dress whatever you like. Jeans prefered.

• Beer Tasting

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Street Cafes: Street Cafes

by johnsakura Written Sep 17, 2004
    casablanca morocco

Many night cafes are open till late in casablanca. this maybe makes the perfect place to drink tea during the night. many of this cafes also serve XIXA or the flavoured tobaco in those big water pipes.

• vodolaz's Profile Photo

Everywhere: Nightlife all around

by vodolaz Written Aug 13, 2004

There is sheer nightlife in resort region of Casablanca ( please forgive me - don`t remember the name , it was so long ago ). If you don`t live by nightlife here , you don`t live at all. Only nightlife , not any other !

• School Holidays

• YeahYeah's Profile Photo

Hooka Happenings

by YeahYeah Updated Nov 24, 2003

There was one particular nightclub that I passed by in the taxi, but there was no way I was going to get into that place. The setup was very chic and not really my kind of venue. I am more about people content rather than appearance content. It was one of those kind of joints. I did make it inside of a 'nightclub' where there were belly dancers and that heavy 'North African' sound. It was pretty local, but that's what was so appealing about the place. That and the fact that I saw no other Americans there.

Dress Code: No jeans, no sneakers.

• Work Abroad

• La Bodega: Great music/food/drinks

by Underjules Written Nov 11, 2003

La Bodega is great to eat (upstairs) or dance and drink in the basement or cellar. It is always packed, so be ready to wait. The place can be very entertaining with bartenders eating fire and random girls dancing on the bar. Upstairs, there are always bullfights playing on the TV and tables full of people eating, drinking and celebrating.

Dress Code: Casual to nice

• Kasbar: Good Spots for Nightlife

by Underjules Written Nov 11, 2003

Great place to sit at the bar or eat dinner. The atmosphere is a mix of asian and arab with nice red carpets, tons of candles and a dark ambience.

I spent many a Sat. evening just drinking and people watching at the bar.

Dress Code: anything goes, but definitely a place to dress up if you want...

• venteeocho's Profile Photo

the boulevards

by venteeocho Updated Aug 27, 2003

Among the most visible
    aspects of Casablanca
    are the wide boulevards
    flanked by white,
    tall buildings.
    The streets run out as the
    leaves of a fan from
    the Place de Nations Unies.
    This place is the focal point
    of downtown Casablanca,
    and also the point where
    the modern town
    meets the medina.

• LysDor's Profile Photo

PLAY IT AGAIN SAM......at...

by LysDor Updated Sep 12, 2002

PLAY IT AGAIN SAM...

...at the CASABLANCA *RICK'S* BAR.

Some say it was filmed a couple of blocks from the Hyatt Hotel where this *fake* bar is and others in Hollywood!

Anyway it was a nice spot to have a drink and take some photos...
    :-D!

• ....Zzzzzz!! You all know...

by fannym Written Aug 26, 2002

....Zzzzzz!! You all know what I mean, the nighlife wasn't good at all.
    Empty clubs with old music, Yeah I mean it!
    the unique thing is that the clubs are visited ONLY by men. Only rude men.

Dress Code: I was dressed in pink, like european girls dress for summer in europe.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Quick exit

by CliffClaven Written Aug 24, 2002

Finding a café or bar serving beer was never difficult in central Casablanca, but could be a problem out in the sticks. One evening, after a long day's drive towards the south of the country, old Cliffie asked where he could get a beer. Two jellaba-clad locals indulged in a rapid exchange of Arabic, shrugged their shoulders and pointed to a windowless bunker-like building at the edge of the village. Ever the intrepid traveller - and with a real thirst on him - old Cliffie entered the darkness to find a scene from Hieronymus Bosch. One client fell comatose from his barstool, another relieved himself in the middle of the floor, while two others drew knives and circled each other warily. Old Cliffie has never been one to leave a bar willingly - but that day was an exception.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Casablanca by night

by CliffClaven Written Aug 24, 2002

Old Cliffie was walking home late one night when a Moroccan friend stopped his car and made an offer he couldn't refuse: fancy a beer? They whizzed through the streets to a dark suburb of the city, where a tiny light above a doorway was the only indication of a hangar-like drinking establishment where Casablanca's harbour and factory workers spent their wages. Up on the stage, the only women present crooned interminable Arab love songs in a hopeless imitation of the inimitable Fairouz. Down on the drinking floor, the occasional bottle flew across the room.

Instant Answers: Casablanca

Comments

Casablanca Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Casablanca nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Casablanca sightseeing.