Casablanca Nightlife

Interior (2)
    View (1)

Most Recent Nightlife in Casablanca

• Bennytheball's Profile Photo

Cafe des Negociants.: Casablanca Confidential...........

by Bennytheball Written May 26, 2014

Grand Cafe des Negociants on Boulevard Mohammed V was, in its heyday, an upmarket restaurant and bar where business people would congregate to discuss deals over lunch and a few aperatifs, however fast forward a few decades and the establishment has lost the "Grand" nomination and is patronised by a more "gens louches" clientele of drunkards, street comfort women and hashish smokers.

I arrived early on a Friday evening before it got too busy, to savour the deafening Arab pop music and sink a few cold Flag beers to recover physical and mental equilibrium after a very hot day. I managed to squeeze into a far corner of the busy horseshoe bar, an excellent observation post of all the activities. One customer standing at the bar beside me and visibly the worse of a few too many drinks managed to roll himself a hashish cigarette and light it up. The soothing effect of the drug instantly removed the raw edge effect of the alcohol and with staring eyes he seemed to temporarily sober up. The overworked and stressed barman homed in on the customer's splif requesting a few calming puffs, after which he elevated on to a different wavelength to the neglect and annoyance of thirsty customers desperate for more drinks.

One regular in-house comfort woman shuffled over to me and hustled fifteen dirhams for a beer, I paid up without hesitation to avoid further interruption to my drinking session and more important, to deflect any invitation to accompany her upstairs for a liaison, with her gargoyle facial appearance it would not have been a pleasant interlude!

The wall of the Pharmacy next door to the cafe now features a "preservatif" dispensing machine at twenty dirhams a pop. I recently read in a Moroccan French-language newspaper that sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV and AIDS, are now well-established north of the sub Sahara divide and the authorities are desperate to avoid the spread of contamination in Casablanca.

But old habits are slow to change, hence the appearance of the condom machines, strategically sited close to some downmarket bars. Despite these minor downsides, Negociants is an inexpensive and lively watering hole with friendly clientele, throughout the evening salesmen bearing trays of desirable commodities patrol the bar, offering nuts, cigarettes, chocolate, perfume, clothing etc. so no need to interrupt a drinking session to find a shop, the mobile shop always arrives at Negociants.

Dress Code: Anything goes.....

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Sky 28: City Views

by gordonilla Written May 10, 2014

This is located at the top of the hotel - the views were excellent. I did not buy anything although a colleague did - she complained she had paid £10.00 for a glass of wine and some snacks.

Dress Code: Smart but casual!

Interior (1) Interior (2) View (1) View (2) View (3)

• SannaSanna's Profile Photo Nightlife @ Casablanca

by SannaSanna Written Feb 7, 2010

Everytime I go on the net reading about Casablanca I get the same response. Nightlife in Casablanca sucks. Well guess what people? You couldn't be more wrong!
    Nightlife exists, in fact nightlife in Casablanca is probably more wild than it will ever be in your hometown.
    The thing about the nightlife there is just that is is a little hard finding it if your a tourist like my self. I go to Morocco 2 times a year and it was not until the summer of 09 I found everything.
    I was amazed, quite frankly I have never seen anything like that in my hometown (Stockholm). However the rage doesn't start until late so don't be there before midnight!
    And make sure you bring your wallet, it gets rather expensive unless you guys are women! :P
    If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

check this site about nightlife at Casa to see what you can do!

Dress Code: Dress to Impress, and at night time you can show how much flesh you want as long as you are taking a taxi all the way home :P

• Music

• iaint's Profile Photo

Rick's Cafe: memorable!

by iaint Updated Dec 31, 2009

It is modelled on the place owned by Bogart's character in the Casablanca movie.

Met VTers Ayuri & Hiro here for a few drinks.

Nice place - and there are not many bars in Casabanca which can claim that distinction. You can eat or drink, or both.

As with the rest of the country, booze ain't cheap!

Good pianist...friendly staff.

Dress Code: Didn't arise. They do have people on the door, so I guess you could be rejected. I didn't have a jacket or tie on, but did look presentable (I think, anyway).

You could phone and ask!

Ayuri & Hiro

• xaver's Profile Photo

by xaver Updated Jan 2, 2008

Casablanca is full of discos, most of them are hotel's nightclubs, I had the best time in Cabarets, where you can drink beer, listen to Moroccan music and, sometime watch some belly dance performances.

Dress Code: I must say that Morocco is one of the places where people are more formal in dressing, you see really many elegant epople in the cabarets, bars or elsewhere, anyway, even if I was absolutely casual, I had never have trouble in entering any place.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Hotel Touring: NOT my favourite city for nightlife

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 22, 2006

Morocco and Casablanca were rather not my favourite places for nighlife. I meant pubs, dancing, meeting friends etc.
    So my nightlife in Casablanca was in my room in Hotel Touring with my wife, travel books, maps and view from the balcony to a busy street life :-))).

I found a few ugly and rather horrible bars (closed 9 or 10 pm) in the center/downtown of the city - and this was world of men.
    Later night clubs which seemed more like places to meet a prostitute (rather unsexy :-) than a friend.

In some (more expensive) hotels like Casablanca Hyatt Regency you can surely find some western style nightlife, I am sure. But better to have good credit/debit cards there :-).

Dress Code: A pyjama, shorts or even nothing :-). Is there any other similar nightlife spot?

• hotel: pub

by lastcasa Written Sep 1, 2006

Yes ... I was in Casablanca, But it didnt meet the expectations as i heard. Nightlife is very bad, eccept the trip with my girl friend, she is the lovely friend, I didnt like anything there just my Moroccan girl "KH" I spent the 24/24 with her, I didnt see anything else. I liked this so much. especially the " Crazy Poet ". I like to visit Casa again just to see my charmed girl KH.

Dress Code: Normal dress, Tshirt in summer, you can dress whatever you like. Jeans prefered.

• Beer Tasting

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Street Cafes: Street Cafes

by johnsakura Written Sep 17, 2004

Many night cafes are open till late in casablanca. this maybe makes the perfect place to drink tea during the night. many of this cafes also serve XIXA or the flavoured tobaco in those big water pipes.

casablanca morocco

• vodolaz's Profile Photo

Everywhere: Nightlife all around

by vodolaz Written Aug 13, 2004

There is sheer nightlife in resort region of Casablanca ( please forgive me - don`t remember the name , it was so long ago ). If you don`t live by nightlife here , you don`t live at all. Only nightlife , not any other !

• School Holidays

• YeahYeah's Profile Photo

Hooka Happenings

by YeahYeah Updated Nov 24, 2003

There was one particular nightclub that I passed by in the taxi, but there was no way I was going to get into that place. The setup was very chic and not really my kind of venue. I am more about people content rather than appearance content. It was one of those kind of joints. I did make it inside of a 'nightclub' where there were belly dancers and that heavy 'North African' sound. It was pretty local, but that's what was so appealing about the place. That and the fact that I saw no other Americans there.

Dress Code: No jeans, no sneakers.

• Work Abroad

• La Bodega: Great music/food/drinks

by Underjules Written Nov 11, 2003

La Bodega is great to eat (upstairs) or dance and drink in the basement or cellar. It is always packed, so be ready to wait. The place can be very entertaining with bartenders eating fire and random girls dancing on the bar. Upstairs, there are always bullfights playing on the TV and tables full of people eating, drinking and celebrating.

Dress Code: Casual to nice

• Kasbar: Good Spots for Nightlife

by Underjules Written Nov 11, 2003

Great place to sit at the bar or eat dinner. The atmosphere is a mix of asian and arab with nice red carpets, tons of candles and a dark ambience.

I spent many a Sat. evening just drinking and people watching at the bar.

Dress Code: anything goes, but definitely a place to dress up if you want...

• venteeocho's Profile Photo

the boulevards

by venteeocho Updated Aug 27, 2003

Among the most visible
    aspects of Casablanca
    are the wide boulevards
    flanked by white,
    tall buildings.
    The streets run out as the
    leaves of a fan from
    the Place de Nations Unies.
    This place is the focal point
    of downtown Casablanca,
    and also the point where
    the modern town
    meets the medina.

• LysDor's Profile Photo

by LysDor Updated Sep 12, 2002

Some say it was filmed a couple of blocks from the Hyatt Hotel where this *fake* bar is and others in Hollywood!

Anyway it was a nice spot to have a drink and take some photos...

• ....Zzzzzz!! You all know...

by fannym Written Aug 26, 2002

....Zzzzzz!! You all know what I mean, the nighlife wasn't good at all.
    Empty clubs with old music, Yeah I mean it!
    the unique thing is that the clubs are visited ONLY by men. Only rude men.

Dress Code: I was dressed in pink, like european girls dress for summer in europe.

Instant Answers: Casablanca

Casablanca Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Casablanca nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Casablanca sightseeing.