Nightclubs and bars in Wilaya de Fes

by grets

Most Viewed Nightlife in Wilaya de Fes

Traditional Moroccan Evening: Dressing the part

Dress Code: From my journal:

'After a relaxing afternoon, we get ready for the evening: David dresses in his djellebah, slippers and fes; and I in my white kaftan, headscarf and black veil. We meet Jenny and David in the bar for Dutch courage. We are last on the bus, and everyone claps. David has already been nicknamed Mohammed, and now Larbi calls me Fatima.'

Dressed tha part

Traditional Moroccan Evening: We're the stars of the show

From my journal:

'After we've finished eating, someone comes to our table and points to Jenny, her David and me; and said "come with me". So off we go. Up a steep, narrow, tiled staircase to a room full of women who sit Jenny and me down and start to dress us up. They put a belt around my waist, several hed dresses and some armour plating on my chast. Jenny gets painting on her face and a gold dress.

Down we go again and are paraded in the middle of the floor. These are traditional Moroccan wedding outfits, and Jenny and I are the brides, whereas David is the groom.'

Traditional Moroccan Evening: Getting carried away

From my journal:

'As part of the wedding celebrations, Jenny gets carried around the floor by three women, in one of those large, painted wooden trays we saw in the market earlier today. Now they make sense.'

Traditional Moroccan Evening: The dinner is secondary

From my journal:

'Again there are low tables. Soup, salad, tajine of lamb with prunes, cakes and fruit. All very nice but I'm not hungry - I am too interested in drinking! Anyway, it is very difficult to eat / drink when you have a veil over your face.'

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Lovely local wine

by Zlur Written Dec 12, 2006

Fes doesn't pride itself in nightlife especially in Fes el Bali; we in fact, were never out till late. There are probably a few bars if you are staying in the new town Fes el Djedid, or in the hotel itself. We opted for relaxing nights in with a good bottle of local wine (this particular one was from Meknes - delicious). Always think ahead if you would like to drink alcohol as it is not found everywhere due to the religion.

Local wine

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Boulevard Hassan II: Fès el Jidid

by Luchonda Updated Jun 18, 2005

The new world in Fès, the Champs Elysee in Morocco.
    Nightlife in the Arabic world - no experience at all - but in late afternoon - it was quiet calm and only a few locals had their tea time.

Boulevard Hassan II
    • Business Travel

Top Wilaya de Fes Hotels

Imouzzer du Kandar Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Wilaya de Fes

Comments

Wilaya de Fes Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Wilaya de Fes nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wilaya de Fes sightseeing.
Map of Wilaya de Fes