Places to eat in Wilaya de Fes

Most Viewed Restaurants in Wilaya de Fes

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Dar Ibn Khaldoun: Talk about dining like a King!

by Zlur Updated Dec 12, 2006

Set in an old house in one of Fes' many lanes...stumbled upon it whilst walking around the city... we ordered 1 main dish each but we got served an array of about 12 different dishes of salad and Moroccan specialities! wow! All delicious... this was not the only restaurant in Fes where we got this treatment... it seemed to be the norm.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Tajine - any meat of your choice cooked in an earthenware pot very slowly (Moroccan speciality) usually marinated with lemon and olives

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Another culinary treat!

by Zlur Written Dec 12, 2006

Yet another lavish meal in the old city of Fes! Sorry I forgot the name of the restaurant but you are definately bound to come across one of them... The mint tea was especially good after consuming so much food! It also helps digestion :)

One warning: After the meal be prepared for the owner to take you by the hand and show you the way to his 'brother's' carpet shop next door! Make up an excuse and RUN! Unless you really do want to buy carpets because you will be in there forever... seriously.

Favorite Dish: Pastilla - Poultry pie which is cooked in a very sweet pastry.

• Skibbe's Profile Photo

Eat on the street: Good food, good price

by Skibbe Written Aug 8, 2004

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the place where we ate and had incredible shish kebabs for about $3. But I would recommend trying the places like it that you see along the street in the new city. We also were taken to a great restaurant in the medina which was pretty expensive but so much food and so good. I may find it later and post it here if I do.

• lichinga's Profile Photo

We ate in a wonderful and very...

by lichinga Written Sep 1, 2002

We ate in a wonderful and very well hidden small restaurant inside the medina, but I could never be able to explain where it was. I suggest you just walk and ask to common people or to retailers. The menu was a very basic one, bean soup with tomato, omelette and fried potato, with squeezed orange juice. Not a traditioanl menu, not even a fashionable environment, but it was a relaxing place where a slice of everyday life could be experienced.
    In the new city, there are lots of restaurants. None of the really impressed me to the point to remember, but all those we experienced were acceptable.

Favorite Dish: In my 'Casablanca' page a list of the main Moroccan dishes is included and described.

• Animas's Profile Photo

Restaurant La Cheminee: Dont miss Chicken Tarjine with Lemon

by Animas Written May 20, 2006

This restaurant recommended by Mohammad my guide and it was good. Price was 120 Dirham for 2 persons --- Tarjine + Moroccian salad + Bread

Top Wilaya de Fes Hotels

Imouzzer du Kandar Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Wilaya de Fes

Comments

Wilaya de Fes Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wilaya de Fes restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wilaya de Fes sightseeing.
Map of Wilaya de Fes