Sefrou Travel Guide

Sefrou medina
    Anyone want some water?

Sefrou Things to Do

by Khamlia Written Dec 21, 2014

Cherry festival is considered one of Morocco’s oldest and most prominent regional celebrations. It were French who introduced this annual event in 1919 and takes place during the harvest of the cherries in early June. Locals get also chance to show theirs charming customs, traditions, arts, and crafts of the area. On the third day of the festival is pinnacle with the crowning of “Miss Cherry Festival” and a parade of beautiful and colorful floats.
    This festival can be really funny to see so if you are there in late July, you have chance to share it and enjoy, I would believe.

• Festivals

• al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Written Aug 21, 2011

One of the less travelled places in Morocco. I loved the this village set on a hill with its many steps and cave houses. There is a central watercourse lined with trees where the local women sir and work their crafts or do their laundry.

There is an old woman who lives in a cave, who carries her water.....on her head!

Sefrou village Sefrou village Anyone want some water? Cave home - Sefrou Sefrou
    • Photography

• al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Written Aug 21, 2011

This one of the best medinas I went to in Morocco. It is full of life and colour - especially the snails!

Snails anyone! - live snails! - Sefrou Sefrou medina
    • Photography

Sefrou Restaurants

by Khamlia Written Dec 20, 2014

It was very simple restaurant but I not like some big one and this was just in my style. Located outside Medina, a few meter from nice gate into.
    It was interesting to look at people coming and going. Locals, not one tourist, except of me.

Favorite Dish: I took chicken with rice and french fries, salad and after mint tea. It was actually nothing special, but I not ate the whole day so I was quite hungry and in such case everything is good. But I want not say that if I not was hungry, it would not be good. It was only completely normal grilled chicken with normal rice and normal french fries.
    Mint tea was good!
    I think I paid something like 25 DH for the all. So it was really cheap.

Sefrou Tourist Traps

by Khamlia Updated Dec 21, 2014

Somewhere I have read that Sefrou often is a forgotten part in Morocco and I am agree almost, I not met some other tourist or traveler. Only local people. On one side it is good that it is still genuine, on other side it would be good for the city and people to have some income of us.
    Anyway, it was one wonderful and peaceful promenade through the town, over small bridges and passage, the stylish Medina had more charm for me than Fez.
    It was at morning and the people were sitting eating their harira to breakfast so I did like them, it was good harira. To take after that nousnous and look over the wall and square, it was pleasant time for me.

Unique Suggestions: Mellah I liked, unfortunately it was much destroyed and sometimes like garbage place, but anyway a treasure trove of history and culture.

garbage in Mellah :-( passage in Mellah
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Sefrou

Comments

Sefrou Travel Guide
Map of Sefrou