Public Baths, Marrakesh

• diageva's Profile Photo

Public Baths

by diageva Updated Feb 16, 2004

Marrakech Souk

In Marrakech I saw many public baths. Most of them are mixt, what means that some days in the week women use them and the rest of the days men do. From outside - I didn't get in - it didn't seams to be very atractive for me, but who knows if inside was a wonderful place (remember that a very old and poor wall can hide a incredible rich palace. I asked my guide if people use to go to the public baths much, and he told me that as the houses don't use to have bath they do.

• Simon1944's Profile Photo

Terrific Value Private Hammam

by Simon1944 Written Nov 27, 2005

Hamman Ziani is just down the road from Palais Bahia. It is a traditional style Hamman catering for tourists. 80Dh for Hammam, Steam, Gommage and Soaping - compared to 150 Dh at our hotel spa.

I took a 280 Dh package including massage and algie wrap - excellent value and eveything was first class. It seemed to cure my aches and pains and a week later they still haven't returned. This impecably clean Hamman has different sections for Mena and Women and is open from 8.00 - 22.00. I strongly recommend it. 14 Rue Riad Zitoune jdid

• Spa and Resort