Know about this? Rate It!
Shopping in the Jewish Quarter
Hate the souks; the noise, the bartering and the hostile environment? Well, the answer is to head for the Jewish Quarter. The prices are at least half what they are in the souks and the souk merchants buy their goods from the Jews in the Jewish Quarter. Voila, cut out the middle man.
Some treasures to be found in this area are: black hammam soups made from the third pressing of black olives (apprx $24/kilo), hammam herbs and spices for cooking. There are an assortment of other things to buy but I was only shopping for hammam ingredients. No hassel, no fuss, and if you are lucky as we were, the shop keeper will invite you in for tea.
Skip the souks, head for the Jewish Quarter.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Luxury Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Marrakesh Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dinosaur Provincial Park Hotels
- Playa Blanca
- Canovanas Hotels
- Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site Hotels
- Westminster Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path