By Bus, Marrakesh

Know about this? Rate It!

Well worth it !!!!!
    by jlanza29
    Hop on hop off bus Marrakech
    by aussirose
    Howie in hop on hop off bus Marrakech
    by aussirose
  • john9159's Profile Photo

Bus from Marrakech to Agadir

by john9159 Written Apr 30, 2008

Prebooking may be a problem unless you have the number for a taxi driver and can speak fluent French or Arabic.
    When you arrive at Marrakech airport you can negotiate with a taxi driver but expect to pay around 800 - 1000Dh, about €70 - €90 or £55 - £70, to go to Agadir; that's for the taxi and luggage, not per person.
    The taxi will be a battered old Mercedes with no air con so the only option is to have the window open and let all the dust in.
    There is a Supratours coach service from Marrakech to Agadir, the journey is about 5 hours with a stop part way through the mountains for snack and toilet use. The cost of this option is about 80Dh per person and the service operates four times a day I think, times of departure are sometimes variable (trying to find the times for you).
    If you go for this option you will have to make your way to the rail station at a cost of about 80Dh by taxi, if they ask for more go to another driver or haggle.
    The bus station is just next to the train station and you need the Supratours bus which goes to Agadir.
    When you arrive in Agadir you must then make your way from the Gare (bus station) to the tourist sector at a cost of about 30Dh, the meter should be turned on, if not give no more.
    Unfortunately the train does not yet go to Agadir from Marrakech but one day............

• mrotsmit's Profile Photo

Bus ride to the desert

by mrotsmit Updated Apr 29, 2007

... to the sound of constant vomiting...

Don't worry about bus schedules, we went from Marrakech to Quarzazote and back by bus:
    Just show up at the bus terminal anytime, a guy will come up to you and ask where you want to go, I ignored him at first, thinking he was scamming, but these guys are actually there to make sure you get your ticket and get on the proper bus - in an efficient manner.
    You will tip the guy who puts your bag under the bus, how much was it? I don't remember, but it was a small, set amount.
    The buses themselves were dirty and bumpy and it's a bit unnerving when 20% of the occupants are vomiting into small plastic bags and throwing them out the windows (continuously), but you get to ride with the locals.

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Public buses

by tini58de Updated Jan 20, 2007

orange and white public buses

After a few days of walking around we decided to take a public bus to the outskirts of Marrakesh to visit a huge supermarket there. Our guide had told us that there was a bus going there from the vicinity of the main post building/McDonalds.

Ha, when we got there, we even saw something like a busstop, but there was no indication whether the bus went to our destination. We asked two young men, and both could tell us the bus number (which was 13) and one even walked us alround the corner to show us where the busstation for that bus was!

You pay the bus driver when entering the bus - the fare in 2006 was 3 DH (30 cent) one way.

The bus stops on the way were not always recognizable, but usually when we saw people on the way waving at the bus, most of the time the bus stopped and took them along!

• Journey to Essaouira

by mercmad Updated Aug 24, 2006

Always travel on the local buses with the local people.Great fun!The journey to Essaouira took about 3hrs but was really interesting stopping in all the small villages.I was also able to get off and have a short look around if we stopped for a little while.I had had my hands and feet hennaed in Essaouira and there were 3-4 older ladies(I'm 53!!)on the bus who couldn't speak a word of English but were showing me their hands and feet done in traditional designs and colours.
    I had shared a big taxi to get there-me and 6 moroccans stuffed into an old merc!!Very hot and friendly.

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

CTM

by Firestar24 Written Jun 19, 2006

daydreaming on the bus

CTM are a cheap, reliable and comfortable way to make your way around Morocco. Buses are air-conditioned. Seats are allocated so there's no over-crowding and timetables are accurate. The journey is broken up with cigarette / food / toilet stops. Perfect!

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

By bus.

by belgianchocolate Updated Apr 10, 2005

If your traveling by a strickt budget , and you are tired
    of hassling with taxidrivers over the use of the
    meter-
    TAKE THE BUS.

We took the bus a couple of times and didn't
    see other tourist doing that often.
    Often because of the warnings of pick pockets
    etc. Just use your good sence.

A ticket will cost you 3 dirham.

Bus 11 brings you to the menara gardens.
    It is also the bus for the airport , but it stops
    about 800m from the airport.....
    If you come from the Menara gardens , just jump
    on any bus passing by and they will bring you
    near the Jemaa-el-fna.

• diageva's Profile Photo

The Bus

by diageva Written Jan 10, 2004

Bus

I like to walk in the cities, I think is the better way to know a city, but sometimes ... when I am tired ... I use to take public trasports ...

Taking the bus in Marrakech is a great experience!!! ... I do remember each travel I made in it ... :))) you can observe people very near ,... their costums ... :)))

I found curious how they push themselfs to get to an empty bus, how people reserve a place to you because you are a tourist ... how women carry few children with no help and carry also with food ... how men don't move to let you arrive to your seat .... how they are so diferent !!! ... I love to see that we are so diferent ... I love this people becuase I saw them very pure ...

Bus is very secur way to travel around ... you have many bus stops ... mainly at Mohamed V that its the most important streets that comunicate Koutoubita with the moderm Marrakech of Gueliz ....

If I where you ... I will take the buses better than the little taxi or taxies ... is a great experience ....:)))

3 Dirham .. you pay to the driver ...

many buses have their stop at the Koutoubia ... mine was L1 that took me from Koutoubia to Yacoub El Mansour

• Bigjones's Profile Photo

CTM or Supratour

by Bigjones Written Jan 7, 2004

CTM and Supratours are the most reliable bus companies in Morocco. We also tried SATAS but it's not to recommend.

The main bus station in Marrakesh is located outside the walls of the medina. You can walk (+/- 20 min.), take a local bus (3 Dh) or a little taxi (should be less than 10 Dh, check if the counter is on and ask the price before getting in).
    CTM : 044 43 44 02

Supratours is located near the train station (avenue Hassan II) : 044 43 55 25

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Hop on Hop off bus Marrakech

by aussirose Written Dec 30, 2011

Hop on hop off bus Marrakech

The hop on and hop off bus is the best way to see Marrakech.

You can buy your tickets on the bus and they have head phones to listen to the commentary as you go around.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Marrakesh Tour

by keeweechic Written Feb 16, 2009

Unless you are with a tour then the best way to get around Marrakech is via the Hop on Hop off bus. These brightly coloured buses are the same in a lot of countries. They depart every 60 minutes.

• Architecture

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Bus station

by Sambawalk Written Aug 20, 2006
    Bus schedule

Bus station is next to the train station and you can get to many places around Marrekesh. See pic for the bus schedule and ticket price.

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Essaouira by bus

by deeper_blue Written Dec 26, 2002

According to my travel book Essaouira is a good spot for travellers, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go, but there is a bus service from Marrakech that takes about 4 hours.

Instant Answers: Marrakesh