Take a train journey out of the City
If you have an afternoon free in Marrakech, take a train journey out of the city.
We opted for the train to Fez, and picked the first main stop of Benguerir.
This suited us, as it was an hours train ride away; cost was 60DH each return.
Train left on time at 13-00 hours, was very clean and comfortable.
On arrival either use the horse & carriage taxi, or turn right out of the station and
it's a comfortable 15 minute stroll into town.
We wandered through the main street and market taking photos, and greeting a few friendly locals. We stopped at the last cafe on the edge of town for refreshments, and turned around.
On our way back, we stopped at a popular outdoor cafe for a wonderfully delicious meat tagine, chips, bread and salad.
Wandering back to the train station, we had a half hour wait for the 17-00 train back to Marrakech. Remember to take plenty of water with you before boarding a train. Shop open at Benguerir train station.Related to:
- Budget Travel
Wilaya de Marrakech Hotels
Top Wilaya de Marrakech Hotels
Explore the World
- Cody Hotels
- Murrells Inlet
- Terre Haute
- West Panama City Beach Hotels
- Port Clinton Hotels
- McConnells Mill State Park Hotels
- Detroit Off The Beaten Path
- Manchester Off The Beaten Path
- Oklahoma City Off The Beaten Path
- Tokyo Off The Beaten Path
- Marco Island Off The Beaten Path
- Wats, Mosques & Temples
- Houston Off The Beaten Path
- Moab Off The Beaten Path
- Nantes Off The Beaten Path
- Varna Off The Beaten Path
- Bunbury Off The Beaten Path
- Olympos Off The Beaten Path