Ouirgane Travel Guide

• Things to Do
  • Things to Do

Ouirgane Things to Do

by angiebabe Updated Sep 23, 2010

Just thinking a good bit of info to put here, if you are doing a cycling trip and want to know where you can stay on from Ouirgane, which Ive already written about there being at least a couple of gites here for budget travellers to stay at or mre luxury expensive hotels if you wish, then there are a couple of hotels on the top of TiznTest - the other side that the views over the land beyond such as Taroudant are.

Ive not stayed at either of them but have been told that if I want to or have the need to next time that the one called Hotel High Atlas is good - as in quite okay.

So thats a handy bit of information!

• Cycling

by angiebabe Written Sep 4, 2010

You can like me intend to save spending any dirhams to find your way around the paths on your own and see where you turn up - I let a rather insistent local guy lead me around the place and in the end it was very worthwhile.

There are paths above where I stayed at Hotel Sanglier that take you along past houses that are interesting to photograph, including one section of buildings that my guide said had been where a movie had been made recently - cant remember the name of the movie - and made our way down through some streets that took us back to the main road and then up further we went into another section of houses where he and his family actually live - his sister has a gite here and showed me around it after showing me around her house and kitchen - where she had made fresh bread that she served me with the usual olive oil, honey and olives and sweet mint tea.
    This was very nice and of course it was good to give her some money for that even though usually the hospitality is given with conditions but being a remote area with little in the way of tourists to earn an income they needed some money ....so a 20 dirham donation is not much for a nice visit to the home of locals.

I gave Hassan 50 dirham but he went on and on about wanting more - I didnt feel I should give him more as didnt want to make it too easy to be taken as just a wallet on legs, though I was feeling guilty about all his implorations for more - I asked Rachid, the guy managing the hotel for reassurance and he was adamant that 50 dirham was fine if thats all I wanted to pay.

I did get some nice shots and was glad to have taken the time to see the village.

• Photography

• Ouirgane Hotels

0 Hotels in Ouirgane

Ouirgane Local Customs

by angiebabe Written Sep 4, 2010

Moroccans are known for their hospitality - even if it maybe that they see you as a tourist and a potential for some advantage their culture is hospitality to foreigners and visitors - even if they want something in return it is still done usually with a genuine heart for pleasure in having a guest in their home ie an opportunity to bless a stranger and meet a stranger

Here in Ouirgane I was invited in and the hosts did take the opportunity to tell me about their gite - which as a VTer this is what would be just what we would want to know! an opportunity to know places to stay that we can write about in our pages and also promote the locals - in these remote and thereby poorer areas this is soemthing that we should think about and take opportunity of - also when suggested to give them some money in return for the tea and bread session this is really to give them something back for their kindness and to help them when they maybe in difficult times - rather than a stance of reluctance to 'be used' but to get into empathy mode and think about how we can be of some benefit so that there is a two way meeting in our visit to the locality or country.

But I got to see inside another home, and see their excellent kitchen - along with the 'oven' they used to make bread which Id not seen before. The bread and tea was as usual delicious, so were the olives and honey - along with being able to use the bathroom!

Instant Answers: Ouirgane

Comments

Ouirgane Travel Guide
Map of Ouirgane