Rabat Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rabat

• La Menora: Excellent seafood

by hongkong88 Written Mar 29, 2011

I ate there twice during a recent business trip to Rabat. My friend had the sole and said it was great. I am not a seafood fan and it looked good to me. I had the kefta and they were also very good but a bit underdone for my taste. The bread and sauces that came with the meal were also delicious. We ate early like typical Americans so there weren't many people there but believe it is very popular. The setting is very attractive. It appears to be in a traditional house and is very well maintained.

Favorite Dish: The sole looked terrific.

• Business Travel

• Doctor38's Profile Photo

Tagine W tagina

by Doctor38 Updated Jul 9, 2008

This is a good moroccan resturant. You can eat the usual tajines and Coscus on fridays. A full meal should cost less than 12 dollors. You can sit out side or inside.

The resturant is Very close to the train station on 9 Rue baghdad. You'll be very close to English book shop if you are looking for used books. A full meal should cost you around 10 dollars

• Doctor38's Profile Photo

Yamal Asham

by Doctor38 Updated Jul 9, 2008

If you get sick of Tagine and Coscus and want to eat something that is not French or burger come to this good Middle Eastern food. You can have the usual from Homms, tabolah, the felafel and the kababs to the un common like the megaddarh. You can also have all the middle eastern sweets.

To reach the resturant get to Bab Al Had and walk on Rue Al Maghrib Al Arabi. The resturant will be arounf 100 meters away from Bab Al hid. It is very close to Rue Lebnane if you are looking for used book store Libraine Dakhair Al Maghreb

• L'Entrecote: A terrible experience

by Philippe75 Written Jun 2, 2008

The sized type Notice

This is a restaurant that MUST be avoided. I was there on Mai 29, 2008. Not only the food is terrible but worse they cheat you. When you read the menu everything is fine but when comes the bill you realise that they ad a "secret" cover charge and tax that is not mentioned on the Menu as a restaurant is required to do. When you ask for an explanation the owner comes with a Menu where on the last page of the cover is a notice of the size of a stamp, yes a stamp!!!!! (I have pictures to support my statement) where there is mention of a cover charge and tax!!! The explanation given was: it is the fault of the "printer"!!! . Conclusion: do not beleive what certain guide books write abpout this restaurant .

Favorite Dish: None

• Business Travel

• Chez Nidal: Good friendly restaurant

by nowingingit Written Jan 3, 2008

I came across this restaurant when I was looking for Tajine wa Tanjia (which we also ate but were not that impressed. The food is not as good as this restaurant, however, the ambience is much better).

This is a family run restaurant - the owner is very friendly and the service is good. The menu offers a range of choices, from tajine to roast chicken to grilled meat. We had tajines and the meal came to about 100dh for 2, including tea and water. We ate here twice and I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a homely place to eat. But the ambience is not as nice as Tajine was Tanjia.

Favorite Dish: Tajine with lamb is very good.

• swstan's Profile Photo

Food Court at La Bel Vie mall: Need a Change from Moroccan Food?

by swstan Written Sep 29, 2007

There is a very small mall with an excellent food court off John F Kennedy Boulevard, the long boulevard where most embassies are built. It contains a few fashion and gift stores, a huge toy and game store, and a large supermarket. The food court has French, Lebanese, Thai, Tex-Mex, American pizza and fried chicken.

Favorite Dish: It's hard to find Mexican food in Morocco, and the mixed fajitas are what I've enjoyed most at this food court.

• swstan's Profile Photo

Restaurant de la Plage: My top spot for seafood in Morocco

by swstan Updated Sep 29, 2007

This restaurant is very convenient if you are visiting the Kasbah. It looks out over the beach and has tons of window tables. Decor makes it you feel like you're in a fancy place, but there was quite a range of prices on the menu. We found it a peaceful respite from the busy boardwalk and the hot kasbah. It had more options for salt-baked fish than I've seen elsewhere... we didn't have time for that, so we got other seafood. The recipes were very original and fine, and the service was superb. Best seafood I've had in Morocco.

Favorite Dish: Basil cream sauce and sea bass stuffed with fennel are both great.

• dgines's Profile Photo

Le Grand Comptoir: A place to Chill

by dgines Written Jan 13, 2007

Step into the Brasserie et Lounge and Bar and you'll feel like you've transported to a Parisian Cafe. Grab a bottle of the locally brewed Casablanca or a glass of fine wine and enjoy the view from behind the plate glass window of the foot traffic of busy downtown Rabat.

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Equinox Snack Restaurant: Hearty Snack Bar

by kit_mc Updated Dec 18, 2006

Equinox Snack Restaurant

Arriving in Rabat after a few hours bus journey, we were starved, so headed straight for the nearest LP recommendation for lunch. Just stepping in here, you feel as if you're in a much more European city. This was one of the few places in Morocco that I saw Moroccan women sans headscarves, smoking and socialising on their own with men.

We were also desparate for something that wasn't tagine, brochette and omelette (a recurring theme in my travels in fact!) so thought we'd just go find a cheap burger bar. A cheeseburger with fries, some side salad and rice was just 20dh. Service was friendly, the place was clean and modern.

Mixture of Arabic and Europop playing in the background, this place was a sound bet for an inexpensive meal. Incidentally, there is a very popular Macdonalds just around the corner, but it's much more expensive and full of families, hence best avoided if you're child-phobic and/or on a budget.

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Restaurant La Mamma: Excellent Italian

by kit_mc Written Dec 5, 2006

Restaurant La Mamma

After almost a fortnight of brochettes, omelettes and tagines, we reached Rabat absolutely craving anything but Moroccan food. So for our evening meal we headed straight for this Italian place listed in LP and weren't disappointed. Apparently open since 1967, this restaurant has a deservedly decent reputation.

Packed full with foreigners and some Moroccans, this place would appear popular with groups of ex-pats. It's obviously popular all round though as guests were still arriving at 10pm as we were leaving.

The decor reminded me somewhat of the (excellent) Italian restaurants in Birmingham of my childhood that are all gone now; all old chianti bottles hanging from the ceiling, blackened wooden beams, that whole rustic feel. The sole lighting was from the dripping, flickering candles on each table, deep red table cloths completing the effect.

Service was efficient if not exactly warm but then this is Morocco, and certainly not cold enough to put me off eating here. A good safe bet if you're sick of tagines and they even have a delivery service.

Favorite Dish: On the more expensive side perhaps, but we had no complaints about the pizzas here. I had a Pizza Diable, of minced beef, black olives (no onions because I asked) which had a lovely doughy base and came from a 'proper' pizza oven, the pizzas all being made at a central bank in the middle of the restaurant. Chilli oil and Hot Sauce arrive automatically with the meal which I was really pleased with, being of a spicy disposition.

Spaghetti Bolognese was fairly standard but went down fine on Andrew's still unsettled stomach. He seemed more impressed though by the electric parmesan grater the waiter was using.

Desserts are really worthwhile especially the Coupes de Glaces ice-cream sundaes, as I think they import their ice-cream from Italy.

Also worth knowing that the restaurant serves wine and beers, though all a bit pricey. Local beers are about 25dh, foreign ones are up to 43dh.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Sandwich bar: Low budget diet :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Nov 5, 2006

MOHAMMED V AVENUE

Well, my food in Rabat consisted of:

- sandwiches made by Urszula :-)

- fresh melons I bought in the Central Market, local market at Mohammed V Avenue in the medina just behind the Andalusian Walls

- figs and dates I bought in street stalls od the medina

- add a lot of mineral water which kept me alive during hot midday

- sandwich bar - the only "restaurant" I tried in Rabat because it was popular among natives - excuse, I can't remember the exact name of the restaurant, just a location - on Mohammed V Avenue, opposite to the railway station (Gare Rabat). Well, there are more bars and restaurants along this avenue; try local couscous: fish or royal one (= with meat).

Favorite Dish: I had fresh home-made sandwich with fish and seasonal salad, Urszula the one with beef. Very cheap and good food, great option for hungry and low budget visitor in a hurry :-).

• Hiking and Walking

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

Palais des Deux: delicious dessert

by uglyscot Written Dec 1, 2005

The restaurant was nicely designed and had outside terrace too.
    It was near a park.

The food was nicely presented. The entree was a chicken and mushroom pastry which was excellent. This was followed by fish. Unfortunately mine had just kissed the grill long enough to have grill marks seared on it, but inside was raw, and my stomach didn't recover from the experience till I'd had a night's sleep. My husband too.
    The dessert was besstara bi leban, an out of this world flakey pastry concoction with crushed nuts and a thick custard like sweet sauce.

As we were guests I can not comment on prices.

Favorite Dish: Th e dessert [besstara bi leban] was heavenly, melt in the mouth perfection.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Museum Visits

• barryg23's Profile Photo

La Mamma

by barryg23 Written May 21, 2005

We had a very nice meal at La Mamma, one of Rabat's most popular restaurants, run by the same French-Italian family since the 60's. It was relatively expensive by Moroccan standards at 240 Dh for a meal for two with wine, but the food, serveic eand atmosphere were all great.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Cafe Maure

by barryg23 Updated May 21, 2005

At Cafe Maure

Cafe Maure is probably Rabat's nicest cafe. It's in a perfect location, beside the Andalusian Gardens in the Kasbah, with an outdoor terrace from where there are great views of Sale and Rabat. It's reasonably good value too, a mint tea was only 7Dh.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant ‘’Bordj Eddar’’: Upper class

by JLBG Updated Dec 13, 2004

Restaurant ‘’Bordj Eddar’’ cooks good fresh fish. They serve wine.

What is convenient if you have a car is that as they are on the outskirts of the city, they have a large parking.

What is inconvenient for those who have no car, is that it is not inside the city !

Favorite Dish: Grilled fish

Instant Answers: Rabat

Comments

Rabat Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rabat restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rabat sightseeing.