Nightclubs and bars in Mozambique

Most Viewed Nightlife in Mozambique

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

Feire Popular de Maputo: the gathering place

by kenHuocj Updated Apr 4, 2011

" " Terry comes for a couple of Dos M’s before whisking us to the Feire Popular de Maputo, a fairground built by Samora Machel, now a cluster of open-fronted restaurants. On Av 10 de Novembro, we pass Maputo’s Indian population. Parking under the palm trees, they are promenading, sharing food, catching up on gossip and admiring each other’s babies. "Every Sunday night," says Terry. "Like clockwork.". " "

tripical is the climate

• LAOWAI's Profile Photo

There is life at night.

by LAOWAI Updated Jun 1, 2003

One of the best things about the night is that you can walk forever not feeling endangered at all, like I do in big cities. The people are so nice and cordial that if anything they want to make sure all is well with you and walk you where you want to go.

The night is very dark and the stars are the brightest I have ever seen. In fact, I tripped many times in ruts and ditches.

Dress Code: Wear enclosed shoes and long pants. I made the mistake my first night walk with Lord Jim by wearing slippers and shorts- a bit scary out there in the bush after sunset. Plus, Lord Jim can, and does, walk for a couple of hours, stopping to talk to almost everyone in his path. Go prepared.

Two of the Three girls who live in this mud hut

• Kwela's Profile Photo

The view of the pool and...

by Kwela Updated Aug 24, 2002

The view of the pool and Indian Ocean from the balcony of my room in the Polana Hotel. I swam in midwinter (22 June 1995).

I love Maputo's nightlife. On Saturday afternoons I start off with watching rugby on the big screen at Mundo's, then I go for a beer(local) or two at Bar Volante on the Marginal (next to Mini Golfe). Then I move to Mimmo's in Av. 24 July for a pasta meal before I go for more drinks at Gipsey's close to the harbour area. After midnight I walk over to a very good disco club on the corner, the Arte Bar. At about 3 a.m., I walk back to Gipsey's to replennish my tummy with a chicken, and then back to Arte Bar till 6 a.m. Then I go for a drive along the Marginal up to Costa do Sol and back. The music at Minigolf is still pounding as the people there have not came to rest yet.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

Ilha do Bazaruto Hotels
23 Reviews - 37 Photos
Quissanga Praia Hotels

Instant Answers: Mozambique

Comments

Mozambique Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Mozambique nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mozambique sightseeing.
Map of Mozambique