Chokwe Travel Guide

Gloria, 16, and Carlitos, 15.
  • b
    b
  • a
    a

Chokwe Local Customs

a 2 more images

by MarioPortugal Updated Dec 11, 2006

Because I've always lived in countries were Mango doesn't grow and since I've never wondered how its Trees would look like, on this particular day (November 6, 2006) I found out that Mango Trees are actually big and beautiful.

3 Pictures on this Tip.

Gloria, 16, and Carlitos, 15. 1 more image

by MarioPortugal Updated Dec 11, 2006

On the road (from Chokwe to Maputo), just a few miles off Chokwe, I stoped to buy tomatoes.

The young sellers (pictured) are Gloria, 16, and Carlitos, 15.

On November 6, 2006, the price of the tomatoes was 20 Meticais each blue plastic receptacle (pictured) (=about 60 Euro cents = approx $0.78 USD cents).

a 2 more images

by MarioPortugal Written Nov 23, 2006

Ms. Carolina Joao Ubisse, born in 1933, lives in Chokwe. Her house is under a tree (see picture).

By my request she was happy to show me her identification card that, actually, was just a small piece of hand written paper.

I got attracted to this particular spot by the huge size of this particular tree. Then, I thought this lady was using the protection of the tree as her kitchen but found out later that that particular spot was actually her house.

The tree is so big that when it rains, she feels protected and doesn't get wet. I've noticed that myself.

Ms. Ubisse lives a very simple life. Her two hands are almost enough to carry her whole possessions.

Instant Answers: Chokwe

Comments

Chokwe Travel Guide
Map of Chokwe