Know about this? Rate It!
The Caprivi is a narrow but long strip of land in the far northeast of Namibia. Nowadays there is a tarred National Road through most of the 400 km of the Strip, thus making it able to comfortably reach the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe now!
Katima Mulilo is the main town of the Caprivi strip and lies at the mighty Zambesi river. It has a nice campground with some lodges directly at the river. Katima has an airport, a hospital, several petrol stations, grocery stores and idyllic street markets with hand-crafted articles. I bought a wonderful basket there, which I still cherish a lot!
The Caprivi belongs to the tropical climate zone, so a malaria prophylactic is strongly recommended! Do ask your doctor!
What I liked about this part of Namibia, was the more "African" rather than German feeling there!
- Road Trip
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Namibia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Spring Mill State Park Hotels
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- Stony Lake Hotels
- Rüdesheim am Rhein Hotels
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- Sankt Goar
- San Juan Off The Beaten Path
- Italy Off The Beaten Path
- Barcelona Off The Beaten Path
- Shillong Off The Beaten Path
- Sevilla Off The Beaten Path
- Hamburg Off The Beaten Path
- Niagara Falls Off The Beaten Path
- Townsville Off The Beaten Path
- Lago di Garda & surroundings of the town
- Saint Augustine Off The Beaten Path