Know about this? Rate It!
The Caprivi is a narrow but long strip of land in the far northeast of Namibia. Nowadays there is a tarred National Road through most of the 400 km of the Strip, thus making it able to comfortably reach the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe now!
Katima Mulilo is the main town of the Caprivi strip and lies at the mighty Zambesi river. It has a nice campground with some lodges directly at the river. Katima has an airport, a hospital, several petrol stations, grocery stores and idyllic street markets with hand-crafted articles. I bought a wonderful basket there, which I still cherish a lot!
The Caprivi belongs to the tropical climate zone, so a malaria prophylactic is strongly recommended! Do ask your doctor!
What I liked about this part of Namibia, was the more "African" rather than German feeling there!
- Road Trip
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Namibia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Woodlands New Town Hotels
- Kiryas Joel Hotels
- Guilin Hotels
- Mohonk Lake Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path