Been here? Rate It!
A small overview - the Highlights of Namibia
Here are some of the Attractions you can have in Namibia: (the blue ones I tried out - they are also Links if you click on it, you get to my tips)
(no particular Order)
Hiking in the Fish River Canyon
See the Quivertree Forest at Sunset
A walk through the "Giants Playground"
Camp with Desert Elefants at Aba Huab Camp
Ballooning at Sunset over the Namib Desert
Animal watching in Etosha
Evening Tours on the Guest Farms
Round Flight from Swakopmund
Seal Colonies at Cape Cross
Camping and Hiking at Spitzkoppe
Searching the Welwitchia on Welwitchia Trail
Twyvelfountain and the Stone Carvings
Hiking in the Namib Naukluft Park
Climb the Waterberg
See the Hoba Meteorite
Have tea and cake at "Cafe Anton" in Swakopmund
Drink some Beer in "Joes Beerhouse" in Windhoek
Come close to the Wild Cats at Afri Cat Fondation
Surf the Dunes next to Swakopmund
Climb Dune N° 45 at Soussouvlei
See the impressive Landscape of the Ugab Terraces and Vingerklip
- Adventure Travel
Explore nature on a seemingly...
Explore nature on a seemingly different planet. Travel from south up to the northern border you will not believe how dramatically scenery changes and climate with it for that matter.
Shoot pics from the moon, mars or any out of this world place in Namibia. Find remains from WWII left behind by the Germans. Look at a 1500 year old Welwitschia mirabilis plant which is very sensitive and yet so strong.
Namibia is fully of excellent...
Namibia is fully of excellent things. My list of activities to do could be extremely long, but I have restrained myself with just a few.
1. quad-biking at Swakopmund
2. a visit to the Otjitotongwe Cheetah Park to see tame and wild cheetahs. This was a brilliant idea as the man who had created the park recognised that these stunning creatures were being killed by the locals. Instead he has the locals trap the cheetahs and he then releases them into an enclosure of 5 or so acres. I see this as a much better option than death.
3. Canoeing down the Orange river at the border of South Africa and Namibia through the Richtersveld area). This can be quite an adventure. Our group managed to damage several boats and several egos.
4. Despite the smell a visit to Cape Cross Seal colony should also be on the agenda. Initially I thought the coast was extremely rocky. My surprise was when the so called 'rocks' moved.
5. Climbing the sand dunes in Sossusvlei. This is not a task to be done lightly. We climbed Dune 17 after which I was thoroughly exhausted.
The Namib Desert,...
The Namib Desert, SossusVlei,Swakopmund and the Etoscha National Game Park
See the highest sand dunes in the world! Swakopmund - a unique 'german' town in the middle of the desert and the abundent herds of game at Etoscha- a vast salt pan.
- Hiking and Walking
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Namibia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Greater Accra Region
- Naifaru Hotels
- Pedong Hotels
- Pensacola Beach
- Alexander Springs Hotels
- Churchtown Hotels