Brazzaville Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Brazzaville

• Ramonq's Profile Photo

Try Ngok beer

by Ramonq Written Apr 19, 2008

Favorite thing: Having Ngok beer along the Congo river. Now that's so Brazzaville!

Fondest memory: This is surprisingly a refreshing beer. They come in large green bottles with a picture of a crocodile on it. Apparently, Ngok means crocodile.

• fabrice's Profile Photo

getting lost in the jungle

by fabrice Updated Jul 23, 2004

Favorite thing: it might be a great adventure but I would not do it .

Fondest memory: well well I had the intention to go to the swimming-pool of my hotel to have a little rest,and to relax;
    suddenly the french singer bernard lavilliers arrived,took an armchair and told me:ok I have an appointment at 1pm,I will let the sun burn me for a while...
    nice to meet him

• Safari

• lichinga's Profile Photo

feeling like in a womb ?

by lichinga Written Feb 25, 2003

Fondest memory: I remember the deep impression of walking in Brazzavile. The forest is 'within' the city, 'within' you: you can feel the breath of the huge plants towering around in the gardens and immediately in the outskirts of the city. The perennial fog, due to very high humidity rate and the presence of the impressively wide Zaire river, the constant temperature around 25-30 degrees gave me the impression to be incapsulated in Mother Nature's womb.
    Just the opposite side of the river, lost in the foggy landscape, one can hardly recognize the huge Kinshasa: when the airplan is landing in Brazza's airport you will overfly Kinshasa for a long time, then, suddenly, Brazzaville appears as a small neiborough.

• Eco-Tourism

• fabrice's Profile Photo

I was leaving a little bit my...

by fabrice Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: I was leaving a little bit my hotel room,ready for a walk in brazzaville;2 soldiers outside suggested that they should come with me to visit a little the city;we walked along the zoo,then one of the soldiers went back home,I stayed with the other one;we walked and walked,arrived at the stadium,and then we came back;but I did not recognize anything,and we walked in streets where there was less and less people,and suddenly there was nobody except the 2 of us,no sound,no car;and I noticed that the soldier looked and looked at my bag;I had then the feeling that he sent me to a desert place just to kill me and rob me;but not at all,we finally saw my hotel,I gave him a tip,because I was pleased that he did not kill me...

Instant Answers: Brazzaville

Comments

Brazzaville Travel Guide

Brazzaville Favorites

Reviews and photos of Brazzaville favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brazzaville sightseeing.