Places to eat in Republic of Congo

Most Viewed Restaurants in Republic of Congo

• futuresmkt's Profile Photo

Hotel Victory Palace Restaurant: What can I say

by futuresmkt Written Mar 4, 2008

This was my first trip to the Congo (Pointe-Noire) and I stayed at the Victory Palace hotel. We had dinner in their restaurant. I was not expecting much, what I surprise! The food is prepared by a Gabonese chef who must have studied under one of the greatest chefs in France. Although I can't specifically remember what I ordered (a grilled stuffed tomato appetizer and a lamb dish, among others, it was all magnificent!
    The biggest surprise was the wine list! As Louis Pasteur said,"wine is the perfect food!" When I looked at the wine list, the first item I randomly saw was a 1997 Chateau D"Yquem"! When I looked at the reds, they had a Chateau Petrus ('99), among others! In all, it was a 10-15 page list of some of the best wines I have ever seen, or drunk. You could not find most of them in ANY 5 star restaurant in New York! I ordered a somewhat more modest selection for the table(7) as I was the guest ;)

The Hotel is a renovated colonial style villa/embassy? It only has duplex suites, complete with flat panel tvs and satellite. A pleasant surprise that I wont forget for a long time.

Favorite Dish: The stuffed tomato appetizer with goat cheese and caviar(I think)

• Wine Tasting

45 Reviews - 51 Photos
Brazzaville Hotels
17 Reviews - 27 Photos

Instant Answers: Republic of Congo

Comments

Republic of Congo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Republic of Congo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Republic of Congo sightseeing.
Map of Republic of Congo