Related La Digue Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in La Digue

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Fun sign

by MikeAtSea Written Apr 5, 2008

Favorite thing: When I saw this sign I had to read it three times and I packed up in laughter. My guide looked at me and did not realize why I was in stitches until I pointed out the sign:

Please do not pee in front of the toilet door R 5

Interesting warning! Interesting warning!
    • Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

• Kisu's Profile Photo

Tiny island with beautiful beaches

by Kisu Updated Feb 19, 2008

Favorite thing: On La Digue you simply just relax...there are only few ( and I mean one or two) cars on whole island. When you arrive to the island, it's easiest to rent a bike. There are some distant beaches around the island and you might have to leave your bike and walk there. Currents are really strong on the other side of the island so if you snorkle or swim, be very careful...but the scenery is amazing!

It was said that the island is very expensive but if I only could do it now afterwards, I'd stay atleast 2-3 nights in La Digue. The island isn't that expensive and there are nice restaurant around...We only visited one day and that was too short...
    Those rocks and beaches are really something you don't see anywhere else

The Take a bike around the island

• exotique's Profile Photo

Exotically beautiful, quiet and peaceful

by exotique Written Aug 26, 2007

Favorite thing: The island is small but beautiful. If you like blue skies, white sandy beaches, crystal blue waters and palm trees, it's the place for you. The people are very friendly and helpful.

Fondest memory: Practically no cars. You get around on foot, bicycle or oxcart. It's beautiful and quiet. Not much in the way of restaurant variety and rather expensive but worth a visit once in a lifetime. Not very much to do in the evening.

Lush vegetation in La Digue

• ayesh's Profile Photo

Cooling down

by ayesh Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: La Digue made an impact on me because of her silent beauty. The island just goes on living and breathing and it doesn´t seem to notice you're there. All you do is ride you bike, breath in the air of nature and be amazed by the way of life.
    The people you see, do not look at you, or bother you trying to sell stuff. They let you be the visitor and just go their own way, just as you can.
    Riding across the island, passing by the children who are just coming from school, gives you a sence of freedom. The best feeling there is....

Fondest memory: The best memory I have of La Digue is the feeling that I had when I let myself fall into the water of the lagune at Anse Source d´Argent.
    We had not been biking for very long, but were sweating incredibly. After we found ourselves the most quiet spot in the tiny bays, we could not help ourselves but to tear of our clothes and run into the cristal coolness. (well, the water is not cool enough, but every little decrease in temperature would do at times like that)

• Cycling

• JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

BOOK EARLY

by JohnnySpangles Written Sep 17, 2002

Favorite thing: It's a lovely place, but it fills up very quickly.

Fondest memory: If you're going to go island hopping in the Seychelles, book your islands in advance.

LOTS OF ROCKS

Instant Answers: La Digue

Comments

La Digue Favorites

Reviews and photos of La Digue favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for La Digue sightseeing.
Map of La Digue