Mahé Nightlife

Cheers to another day in Paradise
    Enjoying my Seybrew
    Loving the view here

Most Recent Nightlife in Mahé

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Ocean Bar: Nightime Cocktails with a Beach View

by cjg1 Updated Jun 28, 2011

My wife and her Fragolini

The Ocean Bar is located right on the Hilton Northolme Resort Property. The Bar is a nice open space with comfy seats and tables that extend out onto a large deck over the beach. During our stay at the Hilton we often found ourselves here for an afternoon or after dinner drink. The bar has a good selection of cocktails, beer, wine, champagne and hard liquor as well as food. Every day there is a happy hour special; buy one get the second drink free.

We loved coming here and relaxing with a drink with such a beautiful view of the beach and ocean. The bar was situated perfectly on the cliff so there was always a nice breeze sweeping through to provide some cooling from the heat. My drink of choice was a Seybrew; the local beer of the island. It is a light, pale and crisp lager; I quite enjoyed it. My wife enjoyed their Fragoli cocktail; a strawberry puree with champagne. She also enjoyed their Strawberry Daiquiri which was very good and made from fresh strawberries and not a mix.

Drinks here are a bit pricier than other bars in town but you are a captive audience. Most cocktails were 180-200 rupees. My Seybrew was 88 rupees.

Dress Code: Island casual but no swimwear without coverups.

• Beaches
    • Spa and Resort

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Coral Strand Hotel Pool Bar: Drinks with a View of Beau Vallon Beach

by cjg1 Updated Jun 28, 2011

My wife and her Paradise Punch

The Coral Strand Hotel is located right on Beau Vallon Beach. The Hotel's Pool Bar is right on the beach end with plenty of tables overlooking the pool and ocean. I definitely suggest coming here in the late afternoon when it is less crowded to ensure you have a nice table on the beach edge. The menu here consists of a variety of beer, wine, champagne, cocktails and hard liquor. They also serve food as well. Daily drink specials are posted on a board by the bar and they have nightly live music.

Liz and I found ourselves here several times during our trip to enjoy some beach side cocktails. The view here was beautiful especially during sunset. When the tide rolls in the water laps right up to the concrete sea wall of the bar; the sound of the waves is the perfect soundtrack to an evening.

The drink prices here are considerably cheaper than other places especially resorts; which I found to be a good thing. My Seybrew was 64 rupees and my wife's favorite cocktail their Paradise Punch was 100 rupees.

Dress Code: Very casual. Most people were still in swimwear.

• Beaches
    • Spa and Resort

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Sky: Flying foxes

by kyoub Written Aug 19, 2004

As the sun goes down in Seychelles, you may see the appearance of some strange, enormous dark creatures swooping in to land in the trees, their noisy squeals breaking the nighttime silence.
    These are Seychelles fruit bats. They have excellent eyesight and they live on fruit not insects.
    Every evening we could see them flying across the bay, going out to find their evening meal. If we got up early in the morning we could see them as they returned to their roost.

Dress Code: In Seychelles, fruit bats are popular food, often served in curries. They say it tastes like beef with fish bones.
    Please spare the poor bats and pass on that if offered.

• Eco-Tourism

• Muya's Profile Photo

Banyan Tree Resort: Have a drink in a private pool

by Muya Written Jul 30, 2004

In the pool

We were invited by Natalia and Daniel in their hotel again, this time in the wonderful Banyan Tree Resort. They had a little villa in the hills with private pool and terrace, so we decided to have our Amaretto and Sherry liquor in the pool, with view over the sea and lush vegetation all around. We could see fruit bats flying above our head, this was really magical ! Thanks again, guys !

Dress Code: Swimming suit !

• Muya's Profile Photo

Port Glaud: Watch the sunset with your lover...

by Muya Written Jul 30, 2004

Sunset in Port Glaud

Nightlife in the Seychelles, in terms of discos, is practically inexistant. The sun sets early in the tropics, and as people go up early too, there's not much going on at night, except in some hotels, or in Victoria. The best thing to do is to watch the sunset with your lover, sitting on a beach or on rocks, like we did in Port Glaud... how romantic !

Instant Answers: Mahé

Comments

Mahé Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Mahé nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mahé sightseeing.