Mahé What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Mahé

Bring a Good Guide Book

by cjg1 Updated May 3, 2012

Miscellaneous: Every good trip starts with planning. Getting a good book is essential. We had a hard time finding any guide book about the Seychelles for a few months. Fortunately we paid a visit to our favorite travel bookstore in New Hampshire(sadly it has closed) and found this gem of a book. It was full of valuable information about local currency, food, transportation and island history.

Comfortable Shoes

by cjg1 Updated Mar 13, 2011

Liz's Havianas and my Tommy's

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: My wife and I packed comfortable walking shoes as well as beach appropriate foot wear. I brought both sneakers for walking and my Tommy Bahama flips for the pool. My wife brought a pair of Havianas for the pool and her Tommy Bahama sandals for walking about as well as a pair of dress sandals for evening.

Pick Up Some Duty Free Drinks

by cjg1 Updated Mar 13, 2011

Miscellaneous: W had heard beofre we came to the Seychelles that liquor can be pricey. We decided to pick up some Scotch and Champagne when in Dubai to keep in our Villa. This was a good decision as drinks were a bit pricey at the resort and sometimes we just want a cocktail together in our room. The front desk provided ice fro my scotch, glasses and champagne flutes were in teh room and the Champagne chilled in the room fridge. There was nothing better than sitting on our deck enjoying some drinks with my wife.

Packing for Paradise

by cjg1 Updated Mar 11, 2011

Dressed for dinner

Luggage and bags: For our week long trip we brought two rollaboards each, my back pack and a duffle bag.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Since the weather in the Seychelles is warm and humid we packed alot of light weight clothing. I packed linen shirts and pants along with shorts and tee shirts. My wife chose light weight sundresses for our trip. This was a beach holiday so of course we packed plenty of bathingsuits and flips for the beach.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, suncreen, body wash, contacts, lens solution, aspirin and eye drops.

Photo Equipment: Digital cameras, memory card reader and my video camera.

• EricEastwick's Profile Photo

Make sure to bring any medication for all possibil

by EricEastwick Updated Mar 15, 2007

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: There is one small pharmacy in Victoria and supplies are limited
    I had a cold and needed some anti histamine tablets and was perscribed some
    but only found vicks to help my nose to breath in the hotel gift shop
    But did not see any cough drops or sore throat medicine.
    when I was leaving Praslin, one of the other guests children had cut their leg on a bike chain
    So I gave them my Bactine and Neosporin to use

Miscellaneous: I brought deep woods off with me but did not use it at all
    The flies are the worst sitting around and got a few bites

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Bring money !!

by kyoub Written May 9, 2006

Frangipani

Luggage and bags: Bring a day pack for your sightseeing outings and days at the beach.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Smart casual attire. Bring along a 1pc swimsuit, just in case the waves are strong , you wouldn't want to take a chance on losing your bikini.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Maybe you will want to try a new scent of perfume while you are here but you best bring your meds with you.

Photo Equipment: Bring what you will need from home and you will save many $$$

Miscellaneous: Don't forget the sunshades. That white sand gets very bright.

• Muya's Profile Photo

For a perfect stay

by Muya Written Aug 16, 2004

Between Port Glaud and Port Launay

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Wear cotton tee-shirts, they are more bearable in the heat ! And don’t forget your sungalsses and a hat !
    Bring shoes for the beach, fins or plastic shoes to go snorkeling, and good walking shoes.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: A strong sunscreen, waterproof, because the sun is really hot in the tropics.
    Bring some insect repellent. I'm not sure but I read there are a lot of sandflies around, and that might be them, and not mosquitos, that feasted on me every day !
    And of course, bring the usual medicine (aspirins, medicine against stomach aches, etc...)

Photo Equipment: Bring your own films to make picture, in the Seychelles they might be a bit damaged because of the heat.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Some plastic plates, knife and fork if you want to picnic on the beach. And a swiss knife, always useful to open coconuts :-)

Miscellaneous: Bring a good guide about the Seychelles !

A Hat is a Good Idea

by cjg1 Updated Mar 15, 2011

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Wearing a hat is essential if you are light skinned and prone to burning. I know my face, head and ears have been saved thanks to my hat.

Instant Answers: Mahé

Comments

Mahé What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Mahé what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mahé sightseeing.