Crocodile Farm, Johannesburg

• cokes's Profile Photo

Crocodile Farm

by cokes Updated Sep 24, 2007

I went to Croc City which is a crocodile farm which is situated very close to the Lion Park. I think its about 2km or so away which will make a nice stop if you visiting the Lion Park.

The staff here is very nice and made my visit very enjoyable even though I was disappointed that it was nothing I expected it to be. Maybe I was expecting it to be like the Kwena Gardens at Sun City but I guess it was small and less interesting if I compared the 2 places.. Well I think its a nice place if you wanna take you kids as they have nice vacalities there for them as well like a Jumping castle and so on. They have feeding time which is at 2pm on a Saturday and Sunday which was rather interesting. The crocodiles was fed whole chickens as they have 3 enclosers and in each enclosers the size of the crocodiles varied. The 1st encloser had small crocodiles , the 2nd had meduim sized and the last was quiet big Nile Crocodiles.

You can also have your photo taken holding a baby crocodile or with some Phythons for a fee of R15.

Entrance is R40 for adults and R20 for kids.

You go check out the crocodiles on your own but I would recommend go with the guide as its free and much more interesting.

• Croc City Crocodile Farm

by apl2308 Written Aug 29, 2006

Croc City Crocodile Farm provides the opportunity to observe one of the world's most spectacular predators at close range. On display they have hatchlings to large adults of over four meters in length. The tea garden offers delicious refreshments and in the curio shop you will find a wide variety of souvenirs, as well as vacuum packed crocodile meat. Informative guided tours are given on request.

I even got the opportunity to hold a REAL crocodile !

Main feeding sessions on Saturdays and Sundays @ 14:00 is a MUST SEE

Open: 6 days a week, Tuesdays – Sundays, 09:00 – 16:30, with ample secure parking. Admission fee is R40 - adult and R20 – pensioners / kids under 12.

• Eco-Tourism