Pretoria Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Pretoria

• drockwoo's Profile Photo

game reserve

by drockwoo Written Mar 7, 2006

The Pilanisberg Game Reserve is situated 1.5 hours northwest of Pretoria beside Sun City. I was there during the rainy season and I was told by my brother in law who hosted my tour that we were seeing a much larger quantity of animals than normal. I counted 11 rhinoceros. We saw heards of zebra and giraffe and wildebeasts and guinea fowl. I also saw a warthog.

Unique Suggestions: We also stopped at the centre, which was a building from 1939. With the renovation boom everywhere it was refreshing to see orignal wood in the washrooms.

Fun Alternatives: I heard Kruger Park is even more awesome than Pilanisberg.

• Braveheart.southafrr's Profile Photo

parking pests

by Braveheart.southafrr Written May 14, 2003

when one stops anywhere nowadays as soon as you stop be it car , bus motorbike any form of transport , the beggers or window washers are there in a flash they will even wash your car for you without even asking and then expect to get paid for doing it

Fun Alternatives: make sure you never stop anywhere by one self you could be in for some trouble by not paying them they have been known to get nasty

• antz's Profile Photo

Personally, as mentioned on my...

by antz Written Sep 7, 2002

Personally, as mentioned on my SA page, I felt that the Voortrekkers monument was very overrated. It is the only Afrikaaners monument in South Africa and unless you know a lot about the history, it can be pretty hard to understand. They do have translations in English however.

The view from the top of the monument is pretty amazing, but it does cost quite a lot to get in to visit, which I felt for a monument was a bit much.

Instant Answers: Pretoria

Comments

Pretoria Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Pretoria tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pretoria sightseeing.