Graskop Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Graskop

• DAO's Profile Photo

THE BILTONG HUT: BEST BILTONG - IN THE WORLD

by DAO Updated Mar 19, 2007

Not exactly a restaurant, but you definitely want to eat their Biltong. If you like Biltong, you will love this place. Biltong is so much more than Beef Jerky. It is more tender and flavourful. No plastic tubes here! Every purchase is placed in a brown paper bag that is easy to open. They have traditional beef varieties and game, like Eland, as well. If you are not sure what you like - just ask for free samples! From mild to so hot you won't believe it. Spicy to savoury, they have it all. Some are pre-cut and the rest they will chop up for you. This seems to be a family run business and they know how to take care of the customer. You will definitely leave with a few bags.

Favorite Dish: The Love Bites were too hot for me. The stick (traditional) Biltong was so good, I did not buy enough!

• DAO's Profile Photo

HARRIE'S PANCAKES: PANCAKES - AFRIKANER STYLE

by DAO Updated Oct 7, 2006

Just to set the record straight Pancakes = Crepe's in South Africa. They have quite a few fillings and you can sit outside in the sunshine. Service is at best indifferent, but the food is very good. 4 of us ate here for $15. Next door is a huge gift shop. If you need souvenirs from South Africa, you can do all your shopping here. After your meal, pop over the road to the Biltong Hut for the best Biltong in the known world. You won?t be hungry, but you would not want to miss it!

Favorite Dish: I had the Dutch Bacon and Cheese! Tastes as good as it sounds!

• Gay and Lesbian

• cleocat's Profile Photo

Silver Spoon: More pancakes

by cleocat Written Jan 1, 2006

Silver Spoon is opposite Harrie's. We wanted to go back to Harrie's for a last pancake before coming back home. We very seldom have pancakes at home so we over - indulged a bit. Harrie's was closed for a function so we had to try something else.

A bit crowded. The verandah area is very small. They are busy building a deck so that might help. Service is a bit slow but very friendly. Nice but not nearly as great as Harries or Petena's in Graskop. I think I can call myself an expert on the pancake venues in Graskop and Sabie now.

Favorite Dish: I had another asperagus and cheese pancake. I would have thought it is great if I didn't know the other 2 places. The kids had burgers ( they had enough pancakes by now)

• cleocat's Profile Photo

Harrie's Pancakes: Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes.......

by cleocat Updated Dec 30, 2005

Harrie's in the mist

Great service. Excellent pancakes. Nice atmosphere. Very popular and busy.

Favorite Dish: Difficult choice. With all the choices we decided to share so we can taste more.

For savoury the best was the Dutch bacon and cheese. The pancakes are rather thick but very tasty and crisp. One pancake is a whole meal. Served with nice extras like spicy apple etc.

For sweets Garreth and I tried the chocolate mousse and it was the best. Gary and Rian had a caramel and they loved it.

You can't go wrong at Harrie's. They also have a branch in Pretoria and at the Waterfront in CPT.

Instant Answers: Graskop

Comments

Graskop Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Graskop restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Graskop sightseeing.