Hermanus Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Hermanus

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Book Your Shark Dive Early

by TRimer Updated Jan 18, 2007

Joe was dying to go shark diving in South Africa. Having my new husband swimming in a cage with great white sharks did not overjoy me to say the least. I could not even disuade him by making him watch Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. He was determined to go. So when we got to Hermanus we asked Barry, manager at our B&B, about booking. Unfortunately, the places he called were booked already for their morning dives. So Joe booked for a 12 noon dive and I was to "shop" for the afternoon. He booked with "The Shark Lady Adventures". He drove the 45 minutes on a narrow road to Gans Baai- where all the shark dive places are lined up. He was there a little early and they had him watch a video of the dive. Unfortunately, it turned out to be too windy to do the dive- so he ended up having to go golfing for the afternoon. I heard about him missing shark diving the entire trip so if you really want to go- book early.

Equipment: According to the website, you will need at least an open water one diving qualification to dive in a cage using a regulator. All divers will be screened by the divemaster and we will require your dive number.

The price is R1900.00 and will include a metal cage dive as well as the crystal cage.

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Hermanus

Comments

Hermanus Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Hermanus sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hermanus sightseeing.