Kimberley Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Kimberley

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

The brilliant Kimberly Meander publication

by CatherineReichardt Updated Dec 6, 2011

Favorite thing: When I was at the Big Hole museum, I picked up a free copy of the fantastic Kimberly Meander publication.

This is also available online at www.kimberleymeander.co.za and is a brilliant guide to Kimberley, with a particular emphasis on walking tours, which are either self-guided or accompanied by paid guides (details of which are provided). Intriguing options include the Great Kimberley North Walk, the Belgravia Historical Walk, the Ghost Trail Walk and the Eldorado (CBD) Walk - I'd be hard pressed to chose between them, so I'd err on the side of caution and do them all ... ;)

I cannot think of a better way to explore this historic and fascinating city - bravo!!!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

An excellent Kimberley tourism website

by CatherineReichardt Written Jun 16, 2011

Favorite thing: When I was researching what to do during my Day of Fun in Kimberley, I stumbled across this excellent website:http://www.bdb.co.za/kimberley/index.html

Other than the one error (stating that the tram is now operational, when in fact it is still out of commission - see my Transport tip), I found it to be a thorough and reliable source of information. It has clearly been compiled by someone who knows and loves the city, and their enthusiasm shines through in the comprehensive and sometimes quirky choice of material included.

Highly recommended!

Instant Answers: Kimberley

Comments

Kimberley Favorites

Reviews and photos of Kimberley favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kimberley sightseeing.