Been here? Rate It!
Tropic of the Capricorn
At 23°26´18" south of the equator the tropic of the Capricorn crosses the park. The sun is straight above this latitude at noon december 21th. This marks the beginning of the summer in the southern hemisphere. It is called the Tropic of the Capricorn because the sun is in the constellation Capricorn on this time. This latitude also marks the southern end of the tropics.
You can see a line on the main road and a monument along the road marking the spot.
The Krugertablets are plaques to remember the foundation of the Krugerpark. You can get out of your car (at your own risk) to have a closer look.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Kruger National Park Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Big Bear Lake Hotels
- Rehoboth Beach Hotels
- Sunny Beach
- Melaka Hotels
- Village of Tiki Island Hotels