Rosie & Martha, and myself assisting for some while, were selling Macadamia Nuts on the main street of Pilgrim's Rest.
One pack costs R20. Two packs cost R35 and Three packs R50.
About the Macadamia itself (from wikipedia):
Macadamia is a genus of eight species of flowering plants in the family Proteaceae, with a disjunct distribution native to eastern Australia (seven species) and Indonesia (one species).
Outside of Australia, commercial production is also established in Hawaii (the largest commercial producer), Brazil,California, Israel, Kenya, South Africa and Malawi.
Click here to read more about Macadamia Nuts on wikipedia.
Rules of this BAR
1. ONLY 2 to a stole.
2. No talk of RELIGION OR POLITICS.
3. No pinching, petting or patting of any part of the anatomy of the tender gender without their expressed permission.
4. NO CHECKS, CHITS, CHARGE-O-PLATES or ARMENIAN money accepted.
5. Thoes drinking RUM must stay by themselves, preferably near the window.
6. Thoes given to loude words over cheape whiskey, weake drinks and padded bills had better leave now to save arguments later.
7. LADIES: KEEP (.) (.) OFF the BAR.
8. Tinkers, Pig-Stye keepers, bankers, hair dye salesman, newspaper people, cess-poole engineers, card sharks, interior decorators will NOT be served. OTHER salesmen, confidence men, advertising and television people, artificial inseminators and politicians will be served in the washe-roome.
9. Of course, CREDIT will be extended to NO ONE at NO TIME by NO ONE.
10. NONE of the fore-going rules shall aplly to the "TENDER-OF-THE-BAR".
By oder of X
Tender Of The Bar
On the village's main street I found those two young kids performing a funny activity to entertain tourists.
They were executing their job pretty well and I was happy to give them some rands I was bringing in my pocket.
The Elephant, the Leopard, the Buffalo, the Lion and the Rhinocero, all together known as The Big Five are here (see picture) depicted on this one-piece of wood.
I found interesting this Box displayed on the counter of a local shop.
The box was filled with coins and one can read:
If you have one
If you need one