Port Elizabeth Nightlife

tTHE MANAGERS
    COUPLE OF GUYS ENJOYING THEMSELVES
    by STAGE7
    A place where you can do your own thing

Most Recent Nightlife in Port Elizabeth

• JJfromNJ's Profile Photo

Barney's: Terrible Customer Appreciation

by JJfromNJ Written Jan 25, 2012

I'm not one to post sensationalistic poor reviews of places (in fact, this is the first pub/restaurant review I've ever posted), but my experience at Barney's was so bad I can't resist.

After many suggestions, I stopped in to watch a world cup match. The place was crowded and had a band playing. We had to pay a steep cover even though we were going for dinner as well. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way but I went along. The real problem with this place was the service, which was absolutely horrendous. We ordered drinks and dinner before the game even started. We got tired of waiting so we got drinks at the bar. Our food didn't come until the middle of the 2nd half!! Repeated requests for napkins and salad dressing went ignored. They also had the audacity to charge 18% gratuity to the bill. I understand it was a busy night but never have I felt so underappreciated as a customer. I hate this place and I implore you not to go.

• Aqua: Dance All Night

by lolmul13789 Written Nov 7, 2008

Aqua is a must goto club if you like to dance and have a little fun. Usual age group 18-30. Aqua is a gay cub but you would never think so...All kinds welcome. The place is packed by midnight and doesn't close until the sun comes up.
    ID required at door and you will be searched

Dress Code: Woman - no Skirt or dresses

• STAGE7's Profile Photo

Stage 7: Girls Night Out

by STAGE7 Updated Jan 3, 2007

tTHE MANAGERS

I found Stage 7 to be an ideal place to go and really relax and have a wonderfull evening, the place is calm, very very clean, the staff are friendly and very professional. We went there to check the place out, we were so surprised, i couldnd believe how amazing our time there was.

We found out that the place is owned by a Portuguese lady that sings beautifully and an International Cricket Umpire ( Mr Brian Jerling )

They are execellent behind the bar, they entertain the clients and they have the wildest shooters you can imagine.

They have an indoor braai facility available and a excellent choice in menu

THERE PRICES ARE GOOOOOOOOOD

Dress Code: Just be neat, No arguments and Fighting are not allowed. if you arrive there intoxicated , you will not be served.

• Singles

• rcsparty's Profile Photo

Toby Joe's: Funtime!! (now closed)

by rcsparty Written Sep 20, 2006

In a word....this place 'ROCKS'. I have never gone to Toby Joe's and not had a great time. It is usually crowded with a fairly diverse crowd of all ages. The people there are always friendly, and you will soon be talking with someone. Everyone in the bar seems to be having a good time, and there has always been a decent sized crowd when I'm there. It has the added benefit for me, of being walkable from the Beach Hotel. If you are in PE and going out at night, this is the place.

Dress Code: Casual

Barney's: Happy Hour

by rcsparty Written Sep 20, 2006

Barney's is a restaurant/pub located right along the beach, just down from Shark's Pier. It always has a fairly good sized crowd and seems to be a popular after-work stop. Like the News Cafe, it is a good place to relax and get ready to start the evening.

News Cafe: Starting point

by rcsparty Written Sep 20, 2006

This bar is located on your way to the casino from the Boardwalk complex entrance. You'll hear music and voices coming from the bar as you walk into the complex. It is usually my first stop upon leaving the casino, but seems to be very 'hit or miss' in terms of the crowd. I've been there when it is packed and when I am one of 3 people. For me, it is a good place to have a couple Castle's before moving on to the next bar.

Dress Code: Casual

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

News Cafe: Go Cocktail Crazy

by dejavu2gb Written Apr 27, 2005

New Cafe

If you are in the mood to Chill out with some nice Cocktails, head for News Cafe.
    Its a popular chain of restaurant/bars that offer a wide range of delicious cocktails at very very reasonable prices.

My favourite cocktail is the Pangalactic gargle blaster, its just great, and very very tall, and yummy.
    Then the Sex and the City is also a favourite of mine and also the Strawberry daiquiri...hic...lol

They also have a extensive food menu offering everything from tasty breakfasts, wraps, finger food, tramezzini to the good old hamburger.

Dress Code: As far as I am aware, they dont have a very strict dress code, so your jeans and T will suffice.

• Casino and Gambling

• Toby Joes: walk in crawl out

by lynds Written Sep 20, 2003

Toby Joes is a great little pub, with a dance floor! not only at night during the day you can go eat with a view of the sea! at night the place takes a turn and its filled with people dancing chatting and drinking! wedensday & friday nights are amazing, and sunday afternoons are deck parties with live bands!
    tobys is by far my fav. pub!!!!

Dress Code: ladies can where anything
    Guys have to have long pants and closed shoes (sneakers are allowed)
    EXCEPT DECK PARTIES you can go in your slopps and boardies.

• Beer Tasting
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Port Elizabeth

Comments

Port Elizabeth Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Port Elizabeth nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Elizabeth sightseeing.

View all Port Elizabeth hotels