Know about this? Rate It!
Watch stunning sunsets on Lions Head
If you are going in a group you can climb up lions head. It is a fairly easy hike with the last bit being aided by chains.
We always used to take champagne & nibbles & watch the most amazing sunsets
Don't go on your own!!
The walk up Lion's Head is quite a nice one. And it's quite adventerous at some parts! With chains and climbing parts. But it's no problem for reasonably fit people!
From the top you have a great view of the city, Camps Bay, Robben Island, Signal Hill and Table Mountain. Not a view all tourists get!
- Hiking and Walking
Lion's head is about 600 meters if I'm not mistaken so it is a bit taller than Signal Hill and a bit small than Table Mountain. But you can drive to Signal Hill and you can take the Cable car to Table Mountain....BUT you have to walk to get to the top of Lion's head :-) And it was a great walk :-)..The day we walked up there was a nice and sunny day. The trail takes you around the Lion's head so you get a 360 degree view of the city and the surrouning area. I can't remember how long we walked but I think it took us about 1 hour to get to the top.
- Hiking and Walking
Lion's Head: While most...
Lion's Head: While most tourists head straight for Table Mountain, the nearby Lion's Head hill is also a nice hike to take. (It's a lot shorter than the Table Mountain climb, too!) Here's a view of the Cape Town city bowl from up there.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Cape Town Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path