Sabie Favorites

An aloe flower near Sabie
    by diver-x

Most Recent Favorites in Sabie

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Blue skies and flowers everywhere

by diver-x Updated Aug 17, 2004

An aloe flower near Sabie

Favorite thing: The thing that struck me most about South Africa was the wild flowers. Everywhere we went, there were the most gorgeous flowers growing wild, many of which I see at my local garden shop for good money. It must be all that wonderful sunny weather!

• National/State Park

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

A Nice Town!

by Bwana_Brown Written Feb 5, 2004

Favorite thing: Sabie was a pleasant little town to stay in for a couple of days. Its wide and treed streets with angle parking on both sides, as well as the construction of its shops and businesses reminded us of the good old days in Luanshya, Zambia. My wife had brought traveller's cheques with her and had to take them into a bank to be cashed. I waited outside enjoying the sunshine and scenery while she had to plod through about 1.5 hours of paperwork (in a bank with her passport even!) to finally get some cash. I was glad that I had decided to go with an ATM card and it gave me no problems anywhere in South Africa. Sabie also has a small tourist information building that we made great use of. We had not been very successful in trying to arrange accommodations in Kruger by remote control while in Canada - it is a busy spot so it is difficult to get bookings at times. I was amazed to find that this little tourist desk was able to get us some reservations booked for only a day or two down the road. We ended up with our first night booked for Satara Camp about 100 km from the southern entrance of Kruger. The only other thing she could get us was 2 nights in the more northern regions at the newer Mopani Camp, so we took that too!

Instant Answers: Sabie

Comments

Sabie Favorites

Reviews and photos of Sabie favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sabie sightseeing.