Safety Tips in Wilayat Nahr an Nil

just before choking on fishbones.
    by uglyscot

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Wilayat Nahr an Nil

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

beware fish bones or other things

by uglyscot Updated May 4, 2012

Before setting off back to Khartoum from Merowe, we were given some sandwiches to eat en route. It was just as well as we didn't see any restaurants on the way. But , we couldn't find any shade either;so, we stood in the sun to eat our fish sandwiches. Our driver ate one and announced that there were no bones in it. I took mine and started eating, when I realised there was a bone. I tried to get it out , and while doing so found myself half swallowing a second bone. Luckily I managed to get both out, but that was the end of my breakfast.
    In two hundred kilometers we saw fewer than ten cars, in either direction, so the thought crossed my mind, what would have happened if I had got the bone stuck in my throat, or if we had had an accident of some kind with the car.
    So, my advice is, if going on a trip that necessitates taking food with you, make sure there is nothing that could be a source of danger - fish with bones, chicken with bones- or tins needing a tin opener which might gash a hand.

Top Wilayat Nahr an Nil Hotels

Atbara Hotels
13 Reviews - 24 Photos

Instant Answers: Wilayat Nahr an Nil

Comments

Wilayat Nahr an Nil Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Wilayat Nahr an Nil warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wilayat Nahr an Nil sightseeing.
Map of Wilayat Nahr an Nil