Manzini Travel Guide

Street scene close to the bus station
    Street scene close to the bus station

Manzini Things to Do

by georeiser Updated Dec 2, 2008

I came to Manzini bus station in the middle of the day. It was terrible hot, and I had to wait one hour for my next bus. Make sure you have money to buy water or some other drinks. And ask somebody when your bus is leaving, so you can walk to another place instead of standing in the middle of the parking place.

The toalet is located here 2 more images

by georeiser Updated Dec 2, 2008

I came to Manzini bus station after 4-5 hours drive from Maputo, Mocambique. And I really had to go to the toalet. First I tried the cafe's in the nearby, but they didn't have a toalet. And then I went in the wrong direction, uphill towards the city. After 15 minutes I found it. It was located below, on the backside of the cafe's. Pay 1 Rand (or the same amount in the local Swahili money), and you are inside.

• Manzini Hotels

2 Hotels in Manzini

Manzini Hotels

Manzini Nightlife

by georeiser Updated Jul 9, 2009

Before I came to Swasiland I was told about the nightlife, people go to bed at 9 PM and so on... It's not quite true, but you have to be a little more creative to have fun. The main local pub is called Malandela’s and in the hang out of locals and volunteers alike. It is a great place about 15 minutes drive from Manzini and has live music entertainment. Every two, three weeks they put on a live show with music groups or DJs from South Africa or elsewhere coming to perform.

Manzini Transportation

The bus to Johannesburg 2 more images

by georeiser Updated Dec 1, 2008

The bus from Manzini to Johannesburg cost 160 Rand or the same amount in the Swasiland money, Lilangeni. Just pay to the cashier's office and give them your passport so you are registrated. You will get your passport back before the bus leave.

My first knowledge with rasism in Africa happened in this bus. I was the only white man in the bus, and it was obviously that some of the black people didn't like me. They were heading for their work in Johannesburg. I thought the difference between white and black people stopped with the ending of apartheid. But the suspiciousness is still there. For more than 10 minutes they were starring at me. It was unpleasant to think that it should be like this for 5-6 hours more. So I smiled at the person closest to me and said I'm a tourist for the first time in South-Africa. It helped a lot, and they stopped starring.

by georeiser Updated Dec 1, 2008

Manzini bus station is a hectic parkingplace with a lot of private transporters. It's easy to find a minibus to your destination. Just ask anyone. It took me 30 seconds to find the bus to Johannesburg. There are several shops and cafe's in the nearby.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Manzini? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Manzini Shopping

The market at Manzini bus station 1 more image

by georeiser Updated Jul 9, 2009

It's a small marked right outside Manzini bus station. I didn't find anything of interest there, but if you want to buy traditional African clothing, why not...

The fruit marked in Manzini 2 more images

by georeiser Updated Jul 9, 2009

A fruit marked is located directly opposite the bus station in Manzini. I bought some apples and oranges to the journey. Remember to bargain the price.

• Adventure Travel

Have you been to Manzini? Write about Manzini to help travelers.

Instant Answers: Manzini

Comments

Manzini Travel Guide
Map of Manzini