Arusha Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Arusha

Ethiopian Airlines

by iaint Updated Jan 29, 2012

B767 preparing for departure

I'd been in Addis Ababa before heading for Arusha, so flew with EAL. The flight stops in Mombasa (after about 2 hours) and the day I flew, most passengers got off there.

Relaxed and spacious for the 40 minute hop inland, after a very busy flight. Not sure if it was typical, but it was stuffed full of unruly Italians who were behaving like 5 year olds on a kindergarten outing. Probably they had been up all night on a flight from Italy.

EAL were fine. Good inflight service, circumstances allowing. On time.

I used EAL again to get back to AA. Same story as before. They left 15 minutes early, and that turned into arrival 45 minutes early.

airport

by iaint Updated Jan 29, 2012

Kilimanjaro is the nearest airport, about 45km from town, along the Moshi road. It took us about an hour in a Range Rover - we often got stuck behind slow moving trucks & buses.

Arrival at the airport was incredibly easy. 1 minute having my yellow fever card checked, 2 minutes to complete an arrival card, and 2 minutes for the officer to fingerprint me and stamp my passport. My bags were on the carousel waiting!

Beware, however! I arrived on an Ethiopian Airlines flight which had just dumped most of its passengers in Mombasa, so only 20-30 remained at Kilimanjaro. I'm told by friends it's a different story if you arrive with 200 others on KLM.

Departure was just as smooth. 5 minutes to check in. 5 more to clear immigration and security. I was using EAL again, and as on arrival it was not a full plane.

ground transfers

by iaint Written Jan 12, 2012

My expedition organiser arranged for me to be collected from Kilimanjaro Airport and dropped at the hotel. Always great if you're arriving in a strange place. Worth asking about even if it isn't offered.

I saw a few taxi operatives hanging around, so that must be an alternative. No idea how reliable it might be, or as to costs.

• fishandchips's Profile Photo

Impala Shuttle

by fishandchips Updated Feb 26, 2010

Front gate

The Impala Hotel runs the very popular Impala Shuttle service between Nairobi, Arusha and Moshi. This service is most popular with Kilimanjaro climbers who are on there way to Marangu and Mashame via Moshi.

The shuttle runs every day and comes through Arusha at approx 2pm. This time can very greatly due to the state of the roads especially in Kenya.

The hotel is located on the corner of Old Moshi & Moshi Rds. There is a small convenience store around the corner if you need to stock up with items to eat on the 6 hour trip to Nairobi.

The cost is $US30 from Nairobi to Arusha and $US25 Arusha to Marangu if you are travelling the same route that I did.

Instant Answers: Arusha

Comments

Arusha Transportation

Reviews and photos of Arusha transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arusha sightseeing.