Banda Kuu Favorites

• Favorites
    nungwi beach

Most Recent Favorites in Banda Kuu

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the other Nungwi: low tide at the beach

by call_me_rhia Updated May 15, 2006

Favorite thing: Nungwi is not only a perfect white beach with turquoise waters... and it's not only a happy traditional fishing village... Nungwi is also the sea at low tide, when all sorts of sea creatures come out. it's the hidden submarine world that comes out to meet you.

Fondest memory: You can find all sorts of hidden gems:
    - colourful star fishes (red, green, brown and blue)
    - corals (pink, red, white)
    - tiny jellyfish (blue)
    and again... sea urchins, little octopuses, shellfish, crabs and may other strange sea creatures. All this without diving or snorkeling.

• Beaches

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Nungwi

by call_me_rhia Written Apr 22, 2006

nungwi beach

Favorite thing: Nungwi is about an hour and some police checks north of Stone Town: it's at the very tip of the island and - except for a posh and secluded hotel - it's full of simple bungalows and incredibly white beaches. A true corner of heaven. Theorethically it's also famous for its nightlife and wild parties, but when I was there all bars remained happily empty and quiet.

Fondest memory: Nungwi is also a traditional fishing village, just a few "distant" hundred meters from the beach - I say distant because each time I went there, there were no other white people in sight. What a pity, since the local people are incredibly friendly and welcoming - every single person would greet you and say jambo to you.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Banda Kuu

Comments

Banda Kuu Favorites

Reviews and photos of Banda Kuu favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Banda Kuu sightseeing.