Safety Tips in City of Banjul

Hectic port of Banjul
    by brancolini

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in City of Banjul

• brancolini's Profile Photo

Pickpockets down at the port

by brancolini Written Sep 3, 2004

When arriving to Banjul by boat accross the River Gambia, beware of pickpockets around. The hectic and crowded atmosphere there is ideal for these desperate people to grab everything they can.
    When I arrived there, in the middle of the crowd, trying to get a cab, a young boy managed to open my backpack and retrieve my MiniDisc Recorder without my noticing. It was only by chance that I quickly saw the open bag and saw him get away suspiciously.
    Nevertheless, most people were honest and grabbed him, inciting me to take him to the police, which I obviously didn't.

Hectic port of Banjul

City of Banjul Hotels

• Kombo Beach Hotel

The Kombo Beach is the only hotel we have been to in The Gambia, we stayed here the first time and...

• LAICO Atlantic Hotel

I spent half my trip in Banjul at the Corinthia Atlantic. This was the one hotel where you were not...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about City of Banjul? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Top City of Banjul Hotels

Banjul Hotels
24 Reviews - 87 Photos

Instant Answers: City of Banjul

Comments

City of Banjul Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of City of Banjul warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for City of Banjul sightseeing.
Map of City of Banjul